Well-Known Member Chat Channel (A Private Chat Channel)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by IamSaj, Sep 8, 2012.

?

Do YOU want to chat on EMC w/o Being Harrassed or Annoyed?

Yes! 36 vote(s) 80.0%
No. 9 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. The panda version of me approved.
    So did I.
    MissMadison910 likes this.
  2. Btw, i know a lot of new members who are actually more mature than some supporters and oldies that I won't name. Not everyone whose been on emc for a bit is mature.
    Eppalblast124 and J_A_D_E_1_6 like this.
  3. I can understand the want for the channel, but I'd worry that it would encourage spammy comments on the forums? You could argue that players that "spammed" would be dealt with by the mods, but I can see anti-spam rules being hard to enforce, as they're quite subjective.
    Twitch1 and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. That only just came to my mind. But how would new members know about it? Maybe when they become well-known an automatic message is inbox'd to them telling them about the channel?
  5. 700 forum posts? I don't have anywhere near that :( Maybe that'd be a bit high of a bar to set.
    fluffinator09 likes this.
  6. I have 1,433 and counting. I'm hoping to get on the top posters sometime soon :p

Edit: 1,434 posts now because of this one.
  7. Pfft, as if. I've seen plenty of immature and posts with terrible grammar garner likes.
    pat2011, Dwight5273 and Crazy1080 like this.
  8. Players would eventually hear about it. If it was kept a secret, then in a way it would be more likely to spread, as it would become "interesting gossip". :p
  9. All of the well-known members I know (including me) use proper grammar and punctuation. Squigglyjeff doesn't use as much punctuation and grammar I would like but his posts are very helpful and understandable so he gets likes.
  10. I like the idea…just a bit unsure how it would fit. People would complain too much as well.
  11. I have 2400 posts, and counting :), I like the idea, but I think the post count should be 300 or something?
    JabrZer0 likes this.
  12. clicked wrong side and voted wrong:(
  13. You know the people who are like, "I'm not 135 days old :(" or "I don't have 700 forum posts." Are the reasons why this wont work. They want to be in this special chat thing, but they can't, thus, they complain about it. I myself don't have 700 forum posts, so I wouldn't be in this. Do I care that I'm not in it? No, I don't.
    Importerer likes this.
  14. I like the idea, but the 700 forum posts requirement will be a spam generator. Besides that, good idea.
  15. why even include the days limit and post limit anyways? its not well-known chat if you have those anymore, its more like, age before beauty chat.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  16. Well friday I turn 365 days old soooooo, if there is an age limit it doesn't really matter for me :D
    IamSaj and marknaaijer like this.
  17. You know what would suck? A 1 year old chat. It would only be me and sometimes Justin.
    IamSaj and SoulPunisher like this.
  18. in a month youd have me and eclipsys XD
    marknaaijer likes this.
  19. Not necessarily. I have seen people use poor grammar, don't know how to talk properly, and don't know how to spell words with more than 5 letters and STILL be a WKM.
  20. I agree with the idea for the most part. I just wish supporters could see when they become well-known members.