Wealth in EMC

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by 72Volt, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Mind = Blown
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. I was thinking about researching concepts like the average value of goods, what goods tend to keep or raise their value, keep being demanded, etc., or how else could we know how to calculate i and j? If it's not finding out how much people pay for or sell for goods, I don't know how it could be. I mentioned that thread because, if it works well, it's the one where we could be able to check out prices, and where those who work as suppliers can get the info to calculate their z and c, mall owners their b, etc.
  3. I actually read the whole thing and to be honest, as a high school student yet to take economics, I was surprised I understood. not nearly enough to apply your theories, but enough where the concepts seemed legitimate. I applaud your ability to think about all of this. perhaps the staff should hire you to help increase the efficiency of Empires economy.
  4. WARNIN': WALL O' TEXT ABOVE YO
    DogsRNice likes this.
  5. The only thing I understood was the smiley face, :)
  6. I spent the last half an hour figuring this out, my conclusion is......

I need a few more hours :D I currently understand about half it :D But it was great :D
  7. All my what.
    Good job.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. There is no more I can do officially than unofficially. As an economist, I can only advise people on how best to make good economic decisions; as actors in an economy, it is up to them to decide.

Oh, I see :)
    Forecasting the value of one's goods can be quite difficult, because it is largely subjective. I'm not too well versed in econometrics, just economics. I suppose that thread can be a reasonable indicator of the values of goods.
  9. Ninja boy once said...
    I have 5k rupees, so I'm considered poor, yet I have eight EMC fireworks in my inventory.
    I think this applies greatly here.
  10. From that info, his minimum current wealth is at least 165,000r, let him know :)
  11. It was a few months ago :p
  12. My wealth was never, and is never, dependant upon my rupee balance.
    Steven7485, 72Volt and jacob5089 like this.
  13. 3ozwle.jpg
  14. I think that Ill just pull a sonicol right here:

Wut?

I was gonna read it, but then I decided to scroll down to the end and just read the conclusion, and then I gave up on that much... XD
    jacob5089 likes this.
  15. I read the whole thing, great job Volt. Although, without a way to accurately find the average for the value of items, total wealth is still difficult to calculate. I almost want to write a program that would allow shop owners to enter in all their prices and then form an average.
  16. confused.png
    thats how i feel:confused:
  17. I believe that too. It's all in perspective.
    Pab10S likes this.
  18. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
  19. Is dirt really worth anything?
    HylianNinja likes this.
  20. In huge, huge bulk, yes, DCs of dirt are worth a few thousand.