Watch it how much you're buying or you'll get banned!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by serialkicker, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have move taken from many shops (no names)
    because I bought a bunch of wool for my floors on utopia :(
    they though i was gonna sell it there
  2. You can't really have price gouging in minecraft. This only happens in the real world because most products are not easily accessible by everyone. In minecraft everyone has the ability to get any item in the game themselves. Not to mention there is the empire shop, which already sets a maximum price on everything.

It's not up to you to decide what price is fair. It's up to the people who want to spend the money on it.
    cnicholls_uk, will_iamd and Nole972 like this.
  3. The only way I know of to tell how many items are in a chest is to buy them all so expecting me to do that seems a bit wacky.
  4. I think that we should try to avoid applying too many economic principles to EMC. We should stick with basic economics. As Slozon implied, more complex economic principles do not really apply to minecraft (easily at least). I see this as a good thing, as once you get into complicated economics, you start getting unexpected results (eg booms and busts etc) and next thing we know, the staff will be applying quantative easing by setting the empire shop up to buy items off players at a reasonable price.
  5. Completely wrong.

People are lazy. Just because they can get a product doesnt mean they will. Price gouging has already been proved possible (ask around on smp2 about azoundria).

And too an extent i do get to set a fair price. Sure i charge 90r fir a stack of logs, but i also buy those logs for 89r. So in turn i allow people to exchange goods at similar prices making them "fair".
  6. yep like diamond I remember when you could get a diamond for 25 rupees then this bought loads and started to sell them for 50-60r. but now they are constantly 50-60r :/

But I have to say if they bulk buy sometimes its for a a project but sometimes its to re sell :/ the reselling is all right as long as its not over priced.
  7. OMG azoundria I could kill that guy litrally I had to buy 3 diamond once and he made me buy 32 for 1500 :mad: I was that desperate :/ (btw that is the guy with the ugly cobble shop when it first started right?)
  8. Exactly. He forced ppl into over paying. And i have never been to his shop so dont know.
  9. Perhaps this could be an issue solved by Aikar's new shop idea? Sellers could have a way of limiting the purchases of a customer (eg, only buy 5 diamonds every hour).

Personally, I wouldn't use the feature though. It seems like big players snobbing smaller players, presuming that they are acting maliciously as they haven't got a reputation.
  10. If you want to speak to someone about something personal, use the private conversation feature.

If you want to address the entire community, find the appropriate thread and post in it.

If you want to bash on people, go somewhere else. We do not tolerate such activity here in EMC and we work to correct it as we find it.

All of the Staff have lives outside of EMC and this only makes up a small portion of our daily routines. It is a hobby, not a job.

Personally, I do not come to EMC to vent my frustrations on innocent strangers. None of you are the root of my problems and therefore I keep them within the boundaries of decency and only discuss them with those I feel comfortable with. If I have a problem with a player that does not fall under my duties as Moderator to address, I bring it up to them separately instead of publicly.

My actions here are to keep things civil and on topic. Once that was disregarded, I took appropriate action and was met with disrespect and so I deleted the confrontational messages and now I have locked the thread, just as I warned I would and just as my duties describe I should.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.