Watch it how much you're buying or you'll get banned!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by serialkicker, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manglex and SecretAznEks like this.
  2. Thank you all guys for posts, I really appreciate it. I made this thread, because shop owner said he will make one with poll and then "I'll see" how many people will agree with him. Hopes he read this now and see a lot of people disagree with him. And he didn't even tried to talk this out normally, he attacked me like a... ah nvm it doesn't matter, it's just a bit funny with his age how bad he overreacted for 4 stacks of sulphur, hehe.

I gotta admit one thing tho: He did say he had a sign in front of mall that says i don't know exactly, but it's supposse to be something about not buying all item out of stock.
    But the thing is: Malls have like 50 signs all around, outside the shop. I came to buy something, not sitting an hour to read all the signs first. If you don't like me to buy all sulphur, then put a sign next to sulphur shop! Not somewhere outside on some wall. Actually stratch that - like i said before, if you don't like to sell 4 stacks of sulphur then take 2 stacks out and put it in your private chest.
  3. Yeah, I'm one of those :p Please, don't ban me! :D
    MoeMacZap likes this.
  4. LOL serial! I'll take your rupees anytime! You sure have plenty of mine! :D
    awesomeDevin57 and serialkicker like this.
  5. Similar thing happened to me: because I own a shop I am not allowed to buy anything for any other shop apparently? :S
  6. Here's a tip:

I keep a few stacks of every item in the chest selling the item next to it.

Sop there's a couple of stacks of diamonds in my lapis-selling-chest, and some stacks of lapis in the diamond-selling-chest.

Iron in gold, gold in iron. And so on.

If someone does buy me out, I can change the price and put more in, from the neighbouring chest, very quickly.
    mtp1997 and Nole972 like this.
  7. I strongly agree, though in the future just ignore him, there are plenty of other small businesses/malls out there with potentially cheaper items. Nevertheless, in the end you got your desired sulfur :)
    Happyshopper likes this.
  8. yer this happens to me all the time, shop owners get so annoyed @ me because i sell them lots of stuff or buy lots of their stuff. i don't get and i get banned from a lot of reses :(
  9. Resellers in who buy from someone else and sell to you?
  10. Or buy from you to sell on.. I dont see an issue in it, its just playing the market
    Herbrin3 likes this.
  11. I'm on smp4, and there's at least one huge, well known mall there. One night, the owner of that mall was on and said to me publicly that he was going to buy out all my stock to restock his mall. I said go ahead. :) I don't think he did, but some of my stuff did get all bought out. But really, I have no problem with someone buying my stuff to resell in their own stores. If that's what they want to do with it, that's fine by me.
    coffee_bullet and Happyshopper like this.
  12. /res pset herbrin3 move false Reason: using my name without permission.
    Nole972 likes this.
  13. Thats a outrage, most shops I go to enjoy me buying in bulk.
    bonzd67 likes this.
  14. Lol! Speaking of price gougers remember Azoundria? Lol!

But anyways yeah that's kind of harsh.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  15. I was just kidding. XD
  16. I had a situation about 3 months ago I set up a shop which buyed and selled mooshroom eggs and I had about 1,000r at the time. The next day I checked my rupees and it was at 30r it turnes out someone had sold me 30 mooshroom eggs sure I was annoyed but I never disabled them from my res, it's life that things like that happen shop owners get over it!
  17. It is called making separate chests, and partially filling it with dirt.
  18. Being the devil's advocate here.
    These big malls have a loyal customer base. These customers will visit the mall for all their needs, they will not bother to shop around. Now if an item goes out of stock these customers are forced to go elsewhere. While they are in another mall they might notice this mall is cheaper, better laid out or more pleasing on the eye and decide to start using it instead of the original one. This customer is not just a lost sale but lost future sales which could amount to a lot more than a chest full of items.
  19. Here's my take on this.

Okay so I run a huge shop, and it's extremely difficult to keep it up to stock. THIS is why I ban people who resell, because it's impossible to stay stocked as much as I want it to be.

Everything else though, like buying a load of stuff won't get you banned from my store.

EDIT: Yeah, so basically what Leo said.
  20. I must admit though, Alex - when I was a newer player than I am now, I bought several enchanted items from you, and you removed my move permission - I was quite upset at the time; I wondered what I had done wrong...

I think it's not very nice.

It's a shop so, you should surely welcome people who want to buy lots of stuff... it seems really odd, to me, to ban the best customers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.