Was this an overreaction?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Ok new advice: And I said, heyyyy heyyyyy heyyyy heyyyy, heyyyyyy heyyyy heyyyyy heyyyyy, said hey! What's going in! (SERIOUSLY WHAT'S GOING ON!?!?!)
    Great, now I'm getting chainsaw and gun ads -_-
  2. I'm off school today because my stupid alarm clock didn't go off until AFTER the bus came. I actually tried to go to the bus stop but the bus was late...AAANNDD it left without me.
    That was the last bus that came to my school for the next 2 hours -.-
    Mum couldn't take me as she started work when I got back in, and my dad is at work...he'll be home in 2 hours... He's probably gonna scream at me...
    My dog's the only one who seems happy to have me home... my mum said that I have to use this day to do homework and tidy everything up for her -.-
  3. If I was you I'd be going crazy since I missed one day of school.
  4. Going crazy? He missed a day of school, that means a day of doing homework calmly. Why would you be freaking out over one day?
  5. I'm actually freaking out because my dad has a problem with me staying off school because i'm ill. God knows how mad he'll be when he knows i'm staying off school just because I couldn't wake up early enough and missed the bus and then couldn't go to school >.>
    Xenonrai likes this.
  6. Time to see what my dad says...
    He's back.
    Xenonrai likes this.
  7. Uh....I hope you..survive...my dad would *cough*kill*cough* um..yell at me.
    If I was him, after I finish all my homework, I'd be crazily gaming all day.
    AlexHallon and mba2012 like this.
  8. I don't think he knows i'm still in yet.... he hasn't bothered to come near my room, has paid attention to the kids my mum is childminding... but i've been sniffling alot and coughing, so I think he knows.
  9. That's it.
    I'm never taking my dog for a walk EVER AGAIN.

I can't walk my dog in PEACE.

The story?
    Oh, here it is.

Me and my brother were out walking my dog. I was spraying water at her while running. She was panting and wanted to play, so I decided to do it that way. I sat down for a rest. My brother looked up and some 14 year old was walking up towards us. I decided to leave it.
    Then, he came up to me and asked why I was spraying water at my dog, and I answered him. Then he said "stop it" and I told him he can't tell me how to play with my dog. Then he said "erm, yeah I can" and I told him to go away and leave us alone and that he had absolutely no business with us. And then he turned around to his chav mates and laughed.
    I noticed he had a rock in his hand, so I told my brother to go, and I got up and started walking. Then he threw the rock at my dog, but it missed. Instead it hit me in the back of the leg. I got really aggrevated at that, and turned around to run at him and clog him on the nose.
    He was the only tall one there, the rest were midgets. But with the sheer amount of them and his desire to have a pet rock, it would have been really hard to take them all down at once, even with my brother. I took about 5 steps until I froze into place and decided to turn back around. Then they started insulting my clothing (my clothes were actually better than theirs) and my brother's hair colour.
    I just told them all to f*ck off (I can't control my language much when my anger rises) and they all burst out laughing.
    I got back home, my mum answered the door, I screamed in rage and threw the bottle across the hallway over to the kitchen (leaving the 50th dent in it in memorial of that moment) and fell on my knees. I just cried.

Now i'm comfort-eating. AGAIN.

I really, really could stab all of them and risk getting charged with murder.

Oh, and I asked my mum to move house just then. She said "i'd love to move, but I can't". I told her that she didn't care about or my siblings, and I ruled out that i'd never take my dog for a walk again if I continue to live in this craphole I call my house and area of town.
    Xenonrai, mba2012 and Adderwolf71 like this.
  10. Mace is good. Knife is not. You could be easily disarmed by someone with knife experienced and then be killed for brandishing a weapon.
  11. This isn't worse than using it, and I can't be killed for brandishing it either?
  12. This was more what I had in mind.

mba2012 likes this.
  13. i would have pulled out my handgun out and told them to get lost. that isn't even in the least bit over reacting either. creepy people :eek:
  14. Ok. I feel REALLY bad for you now. I hope you are safe, and I hope you are able to move to a safer neighborhood.
  15. I can't, as stated in this post:
  16. But you can still hope, can't you?
  17. Erm...maybe...Quite possibly...

I recently had an argument with a friend and this argument went on for 3 weeks before she just..cut off connection to me. Then I found out I have symptoms of arthritis a few days ago.

But my depression seems to have dissapeared (I think it's because it's been really sunny recently) and i've gained alot of confidence recently. I also revamped my love of Doctor Who...which is good :p
  18. Thinking on the topic... it really does bother me... See, I want to move. I need to move. I want to get out of the most crime-flooded area in my town, I want a safe place to walk my dog, I want to live near most of my friends. But I can't move house.
    Infact, it's a 1 in a million chance I do move.
    And i've lived in this house since I was 5 years old. I started watching Doctor Who in this house. I started...alot of things in this house... And if i'm ripped away from it, all of those good times i've had here...it'll get me emotional. It just...
    Augh.
    I sleep in a bunk. My desk, my wardrobe and shelf are all tucked away beneath it because I don't have anywhere else to put things like that. The problem that ships with that is i'm too tall to climb into bed without hitting my head on the ceiling, and I have to throw myself over the 'railings', resulting in my bed shaking and me winding myself.
    All the time.
    I'm also outgrowing the bed. I'm forced to sleep in fetal position because the bed's length is too small for me to fit in it properly and I can't switch bedrooms. I want to move house. But my mum and dad are all like 'no'. If my mum didn't quit her old job I could move. But no, she has to move to childminding (self-employment) where her payment is really weak. My dad doesn't have A levels either, so he can't do university and is stuck with a crappy job because he couldn't be bothered with college.
    I hate living where I live.
  19. Not overreacting at all. In these types of situations you have to think, "what if they WERE dangerous?"

If they were, you would be screwed if you just let your guard down.
  20. I had a moment of intuitive thinking and decided to explore British law on self-defense. While you cannot carry any "classical" type of weapons that would be intended to harm someone. Pepper spray is classified as a firearm in England because it contains a propellant that is used to project a harmful object. However, Pepper Spray is not fully outlawed in England, it is technically a controlled substance. You can petition your local police bureau, and if you can provide adequate justifications (ie. being attacked prior), they can issue it to you.. But as I said, you cannot carry weapons, but you can, however, apparently use uncommon (ie. sports equipment, a switch, or even a sachel bag) items in self-defense as long as you do not use excessive force. I did also find a site that sells Personal Safety Alarms that located in Buckinghamshire. This is Crime Prevention Products.
    Xenonrai likes this.