Wanted: Ideas For Large Scale Mining Operation

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bitfed, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Sneeker134
    Smp1
    East Dtandard Time
    Every day or two
    $$$
  2. Your in-game username: ________ tshack235
    Your main 'home' server. (SMP1, SMP2, etc): ________ utopia and/or smp2
    Your time zone: american eastern
    Times of day you are generally available: (im at a hotel right now, computer isnt very good) like 2 to 12 hours a day, from morning to evening
    You mainly interested in (Choose one): Profits / Mining / Group Work PROFITS!
    Extra: i know good mining styles, like branch mining, and i ALWAYS am prepared for what ever nature throws at me!

:edit: it is 9:23 A.M. right now on saturday, i will be back around 6:00 P.M. (estimate) on monday night. (eastern time) then i can get on my mac for a bit and mine

:EDIT2: i have a pickaxe with fortune 1 and other enchantments, so i can duplicate diamonds when they are found :D
  3. I hadn't considered this. One person with a nice fortune enchanted pickaxe on site could serve many mines at a time.
    DarkOogaBloop likes this.
  4. sure, im trying to get onto utopia to retreive it, but this computer wont let me... it just says "Connecting to Server"

and i have done everything i know of to get past this :/

if i got a silk touch and fortune pick... lets just say... unlimited diamonds, but unfortunatly my pick doesnt have silk touch also :(

im gonna try and get on and go to my spawner and level up for a chance of silk touch and fortune
  5. When is the day that we go mining?? I am in very need of the basic materials. Hash98 and I went yesterday, but found no diamond. You are welcome to use our mine if you want to.
  6. And what level do you need to be to get silk touch??
  7. At least 25
  8. Silk Touch and Fortune don't combo that way--in fact you can't even create a Silk Touch + Fortune pick, as it would be useless. Fortune affects only item drops; Silk Touch forces all drops to be blocks and not items.
    Importerer and DarkOogaBloop like this.
  9. This will take a while to organize and will be a permanent venture in the wild if successful.
  10. I have an idea on how to diamond mine with everyone. Set up a camp at diamond level, and everyone should dig out a massive cavern. If 1 person can dig 2 rows, and there are 10 people, then we are very likely to find diamonds in a smaller area!

And about cost, I'd be willing to work for cheap. Name your price and I'll lower it. Honestly.
  11. TheTrufflehunter
    smp2
    ummm california?
    weekends and fridays (time is random)
    cash!

a good mining technique is to make a 2 by 3 hole in a wall and dig steps down...
  12. @ bifted the server updated.. im back, babeh! :p

(quote Bender)
  13. Your in-game username: _Pandastripes_______
    Your main 'home' server. (SMP1, SMP2, etc): ___SMP2_____
    Your time zone: Ummmm...............Philadelphia
    Times of day you are generally available: Most of the day. I go on all the time
    You mainly interested in (Choose one): Profits / Mining / Group Work: All of them! :p
  14. i am leaving the hotel i am in today at around 8 P.M. american eastern, im going to arrive at my house around 10:30 and then im gonna sleep for awhile, then i have school tomorrow, THEN i can help :)
  15. Quite a scheduel, tshack :confused:
  16. Yeah but Kirian, I think his logic was that it would give you multiple diamond blocks each time you mined it XD. But sorry, Pickaxes don't work that way, and neither does enchants. ;)
  17. Despite being currently unavailable, I have a few hit-or-miss strategies that fit for different players:

• For those of you who like landild a "house" there as a base and mine fown as if it were a staircase. Create tunnels everywhere. You should find at least a few diamonds; I guarantee that it works for me.

• If that's not the case, then find a desert and dig down until you find an abandoned shaft. At least, you could find some iron or gold, which I suppose work as well as diamond. Thed dig further until you see diamond. BEWARE; I AM NOT LIABLE OF LOST ITEMS DUE TO: Creepers, Lava, Endermen, Sand/Gravel Drowning and/or Golbat Swarms. Wait, I said that last part correctly, right? Oh, that's a zombie swarm. Sorry, have Zubat hate on the mind today.
  18. i knew that it doesnt work on mineral blocks (etc.), i just thought you could combine the two......
  19. well, im back now! of course i have to go to bed, and i have school.... :/
  20. It work on think that doesnt yield itself when mined

If it combine it is over-power since u can make a lot like 3000 diamond ore with fortune III + silktouch
    (if it ever existed :p) from 1 diamond ore
    (well a fortune III miht yield bunch of glowstone i guess)

I can try test that for u in SP
    (hack the pick of course :p)