Voting mechanics

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LindenNZ, Aug 10, 2024.

1. Can anyone suggest tips for helping get my vote bonus up. I vote daily but would it be better to vote a couple of times each day on different sites? It feels like it is slipping back often and just not going up very fast.

Any explanation of voting mechanics is appreciated. :D
    607 and BlockHead_56 like this.
  2. the vote page says you can increase the vote bonus every 16 hours, so you could find slots 8h apart where you know you could vote (e.g. 6am, 2pm, 10 pm) and vote on some of the websites every 2 slots

So, if we take the times I mentions, you would end up doing
    Day 1,3,5, etc.: slot 6am and 10pm
    Day 2,4,6,etc: slot 2pm
    We3_MPO, LindenNZ and BlockHead_56 like this.
  3. Personally I just have an alarm for 8pm each day to vote. That's worked well for me for the last three and a half years or so :)
    607, LindenNZ and BlockHead_56 like this.
  4. I vote every 16 hours most of the time. I set a silent alarm on my phone (which vibrates my watch) to keep it consistent. If I'm busy and can't vote at that future time, I just hit the snooze button to delay it for 9 minutes. If it's within 3 hours past my bedtime, the alarm doesn't wake me up, so I just vote whenever I'm awake again. And then if it comes too close before my wakeup alarm (also silent), I don't set the alarm to vote, and I put "vote now" in my "get-up and sleep times" log.

I haven't always voted every 16 hours.
    2012: joined EMC
    2013: voting started (every 24 hours)
    2018: votes changed to every 16 hours
    2020: vote alarms added
    Tuqueque, 607, Fred_TWK and 1 other person like this.
  5. 0_0
    ultipig likes this.
  6. Is it still possible to get a double vote increase by voting on all sites? Considering that often, not all of them work... I recall this being a thing in the past, but I never used it, as when it was implemented, I already had an alt, whom I wanted to vote for as well.
  7. IMO, the vote bonus decrease should be adjusted. Maybe throw the vote bonus down after a week of voting. Else, you have to be a maniac and put a game in front of all your real life work and obligations. I at least know I've been struggling to get past 360 given work related requirements and vacations. Not like I want to be thinking about voting in order to maintain a bonus when I should be relaxing right?! Instead, you get penalized for having a personal retreat.
  8. It used to reset back to 0, though, so decreasing by 10 still might be fair for most people.
    Fred_TWK and Tuqueque like this.
  9. note u can vote 4 or 5 times a day u can just vote on difrent sites
  10. i vote on the site with the least annoying captcha (the 2nd one)
    ultipig likes this.
  11. i have normaly problems with the 3 1 becouse in the last 2 years did not get a captcha
  12. True, but that it's more doable than it used to be does not have a bearing on whether it's good as it is now, per se. ;)
  13. I do a version of what Ulti described. The problem is that I believe that voting at 15:59 since the last vote bonus doesn't count to increase the streak. So unless you're a computer and maybe even if you are, the 16 hours is always going to slip a little. I found an alarm app that allows for custom (and seemingly infinite) snooze durations. (AMdroid on Android)
    Silent alarm with infinite 16 hour snoozes, snoozed when voting is completed. This has a similar result to Ultis system, but feels more simple to me. On the best of weeks this means I vote before 8, and before midnight every other day and before 4 the other days. Then the one day a week I have to get up early I skip one the day before in place of resetting the week back to the early vote (undoing the slippage)

When I'm busy/if you're not quite as obsessed with it lol this system just means that occasionally you can get 2 votes in one day when convenient. (One when you get up and one when you go to bed, if you're getting 8 hours of sleep)
    But in general if you vote roughly every 24 hours you should continue to get streak increases. I think (info from past conversations with ulti lol) you don't loose a day until it's at least 30 hours after your last vote. If you're only voting on one account either of these systems can be done with only TopG, which also gives you the preferred site rewards.
    ultipig and 607 like this.
  14. My vote bonus has been rocketing up since changing my vote timing :D
    ultipig, 607, 99marvel and 1 other person like this.