[VOTE] Supporters Can Fly in Town on All EMC Servers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FirdawZ_Creator, Feb 13, 2013.

?

[VOTE} Supporters Can Fly in Town on All EMC Servers

Yes 26 vote(s) 28.0%
No 67 vote(s) 72.0%
  1. Well , I'd prefer to keep to utopia already but if we can enable for just diamond supporter res in regular smp's that would be very nice. More of a reason to upgrade if this is added in.
    Nole972 likes this.
  2. Actually, The system is smart enough to still detect people who arent allowed to fly, and also who is using hacking versions of fly.

So, while it can dillute the hard evidence of the video of a diamond supporter flying, we can still tell the obvious signs of invalid flying.

but about this topic. We have no current plans to enable flying on the rest of the servers. This would cheapen the specialness of this perk.

I've already mentioned previously my thoughts on how flying in town is not 'cheating' or 'lessens the legitness of builds', so that is not our reasoning, we would just prefer if this was a special diamond-utopia perk.
  3. Flying would also make it harder to break blocks because you're in the air.
  4. HavingDiamond Supporters Fly in their on res's would be fine I think because it would help on big builds like pixel art and CASTLES. This is just an idea make a fly flag for Diamond Supporters like TNT perms for their res's?
    333kirby and southpark347 like this.
  5. Forgot we had SBC :p
  6. I love the bear.
  7. I believe this thread might need to be closed.
  8. No. I'll just be one step away from vanilla Minecraft.
  9. Just to clarify, the main "vanilla" Minecraft on EMC is in the wild(s). Our towns aren't vanilla, but there's still some survival aspects that remain such as no spawning items, no flying, no world-edits...

I don't support this, however as it's a LARGE factor that almost completely contradicts the reasons behind why our players join and stay - (some-what) legit builds, no unlimited items, fair game-play for everyone, with supporters not having a creative advantage over other players.

Utopia for now pretty much acts as our creative server, anyway. Perhaps an official one could be added to be more appropriate, but I don't see it coming soon. :)
    Nole972 likes this.
  10. If flying was going to be allowed in non-Utopia servers, then I think that it should require you to have a dragon egg in your inventory, or something else to make it a difficult ability to get.
  11. ??????
  12. Because then you're in the air or swimming, it takes like 3x longer to break a block.
  13. Oh, you mean in survival.
  14. yea
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  15. AlexChance likes this.