[VOTE] Supporters Can Fly in Town on All EMC Servers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FirdawZ_Creator, Feb 13, 2013.

?

[VOTE} Supporters Can Fly in Town on All EMC Servers

Yes 26 vote(s) 28.0%
No 67 vote(s) 72.0%
  1. It doesn't matter how big the area is, you can still build interesting things on a 60x60 plot.
    josh303011 likes this.
  2. Why did they throw a fit?
    josh303011 likes this.
  3. No. For the reasons already stated, and because it would make it sooooo much harder to catch cheaters.
    333kirby and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. Just NO because then building would lose all the survival difficulty and there will be no more parkour, and I don't think it's possible without giving creative mode.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  5. It is possible without creative mode...utopia has it :s

Also, it would make it a million times harder to catch who is cheating and who isn't + some people may interpret it as, "yay! Flying is allowed! I'll go add Zombe's ModPack onto my client :D :D :D".
  6. No. You already get more than you should by flying on utopia.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  7. Im actually surprised at the yes side has 35% on it.
  8. Anyways, I say no.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  9. We are all forgetting jkjkjk182's valid point. How else would we catch hacking Diamond Supporters?
    Twitch1, jkjkjk182 and SoulPunisher like this.
  10. Nice point, fellow sandstone addict.
    Pooploser912 likes this.
  11. The "survival difficulty" is already gone. There is no fall damage, hunger, or monsters in town. Why would there be no more parkour? If we could only fly on our own res, we could still do parkour on other peoples res's.
  12. They could already do that now if they wanted to and just disable their flying. Adding it wouldn't make it harder to find cheaters.
  13. Just because you could fly in town, doesn't mean you would never find a cheater again. Besides, if someone was willing to cheat in town, they would probably also cheat in the wilderness or nether. You could just catch them there. Also, if someone is going to cheat, they probably wouldn't just download mods to allow themselves to fly in town, they would probably get multiple mods. You could catch them using another mod.
  14. It wouldn't be the same, imagine you create an awesome building without flying, you can tell people how hard was it and how many time you spent on making it. That part is the "survival difficulty". Now, if you could fly, it would be very easy and no fun ^_^
  15. The point of Utopia is that it's a Supporter SMP with bigger lots which should in theory hold bigger, better builds.

The Flying for Diamond is to encourage and allow the top tier of Supporter to make those bigger, better builds.

It's kept on Utopia to keep the balance and to give other players on other servers a chance to show off their builds which they achieved through hard slog, whereas on Utopia, if it's a Diamond res, maybe a pinch of salt as they had fly to help them (Possibly).

There needs to be a reason to go Diamond, this is a fairly reasonable reason.

People need to stop trying to get everything for all levels. EMC is a business, they need to make money. Enticing people to higher Supporter levels is one way to do that.
  16. I bet you would have said all supporters if you were iron...
    jkjkjk182 and talukegord like this.
  17. Lol its funny because its true xD
  18. This is a bit TOO biased against non-supporters
  19. Under normal circumstances i'd bring in "How bout' not bear" but today i don't feel much like it.
    I've learned something today, posting memes as answer is not always the best way answer, but sometimes it is :3
    How-about-no-bear.jpg
  20. Um...yes it would. If people could fly in town, the flyhackers could blend in.