Vote for the best update of 2016 => #emcdevappreciation!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Apr 4, 2017.

?

What was the best update of 2016

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
Quality of life updates 2 vote(s) 3.7%
Forum updates 2 vote(s) 3.7%
Misc. March update 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Minecraft upgrades 7 vote(s) 13.0%
Independence day update 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Group teleportation update 4 vote(s) 7.4%
Anti-griefing update 27 vote(s) 50.0%
Halloween 'trading' update 4 vote(s) 7.4%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 8 vote(s) 14.8%
  1. And the anti-griefing update never helped with that.
  2. Actually it did. The player was not able to destroy any of the buildings that they covered in cobble, so the building could all be restored to their former glory. Without the update. there would be nothing left of the buildings. And it could have been even worse if I reported that player any later than I did (apparently I'm the only one that stalks players on the live map :p )

Also, I remember when there would be a griefing report every week in the smp8 PWU builds. Those griefing incidents all stopped when there was nothing that could be griefed after the update.
    ShelLuser, 607 and Tuqueque like this.
  3. The anti grief update is better than nothing. I can assure you it has helped. If you were a nurse, and you got a long vacation without pay because the hospital is empty. Would you be happy or sad? I mean is understandable to be sad for loosing ones job, but i would be very happy because there is no one sick!!! Yes if the hospital was running, you could see the actual success being made there, but not having any patients is a success in itself.

Also, that update was preventing the stealing of blocks. It was not expected for a cobble monster. Either way it was solve so you dont have to suffer about something that already has been solved
    ShelLuser, 607 and Zrugite like this.
  4. Nice explanation. 10/10 would read
  5. Thanks for sharing your opinions on all this guys, and I mean all of you.

I'm also a fan of the block protection system, but I can definitely understand (and respect) that not everyone will like it.

Now, if you can all please stop voting... If this continues I might have to track down 30 players next month! :eek:
    (just kidding guys, the more votes the merrier!)

... hmm, maybe I can do something with that.
    Zrugite, Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  6. Oh. I was under the impression the grief was targeted on the spawn... which can't be griefed anyway...

It was 3AM shut up :(
  7. No need for that Synth. It may have been 3AM but it was you who wrote the post ;) I've also written some pretty horrid posts when I was either tired or in a very good mood and also got called out for that, and rightfully so. It was still me who decided to write it all up :p

Anyway, we all had our say here. Time to pass the microphone and let others take their turn :)
    Zrugite and 607 like this.
  8. One more month to go, but in the mean time I figured a weekly bump (starting now) should also do the trick :)
    607, Zrugite and Tuqueque like this.
  9. We could still use more votes, so a-bumping I will go with my upcoming new hit-single:

o/~ A-bumping I will go, a bumping I will go, hei-ho the merry-o a-bumping I will go o/~

:D
  10. What's this? We're not even one week away (mid-week) and I'm already somewhat bumping this thread? :eek:

Well... I don't know if you guys noticed, but there seems to be a "newbie explosion" going on right now; last night it seemed as if the new players just kept coming and coming. So yeah, I figured... Why not? :)
    607 likes this.
  11. They haven't experienced EMC before the updates, though, so how would they judge which update they like most?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. By following the links, reading up about the update(s) and then making a choice :)

Or I suppose they could even go ienie, mienie, miney, mo but yeah, you get the idea ;)

But yeah, there's a little bit more thought behind it than that. I also hope that by checking this thread they'll see that it's pretty active here and also being updated from time to time. So not your average "lets dump some plugins together and try to keep this working for 2 years" kind of server (nothing wrong with those, but... I like EMC better!).
    607 likes this.
  13. And we have a winner!

The poll closed yesterday and as everyone can see the Anti-Grief update has won quite convincingly. So now the next step will take place: I'll set up the book, make (safety) copies and will begin tracking players who voted for the Anti-Grief and ask them if they'd like to add something to it.

Thanks for voting everyone, and hope to see you in-game to receive a scribble from you :)