VIRUS HELP

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by RickyAndrea9, Nov 27, 2017.

1. so i got a virus named "similar"and its slowing down my pc major and glary utilities 5 cant uninstall it and a system restore is unavailable becuase no backup mirror was created.

how can i uninstall this bugger??

-R
  2. Tell similar to go away
    *you can reset your whole PC, that works*
  3. Install a antivirus and see if it will detect it and remove it. You could also reset your PC.
  4. The best first option (simple and no reset required) would be to enter safe mode. This makes the computer only start up what is needed. Afterwards you can scan the pc with programs like Roguekiller, which is a standalone .exe. It can be run from a USB stick. It also works in Safe mode.
    Pab10S likes this.
  5. What I usually do is download and run Malware Bytes (Free edition will work just fine). It'll scan your computer and get rid of most malware, adware and bloatware (unwanted stuff).
    Sachrock, Pab10S and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. well, normally id agree with malware bytes, but this ive tried 3 diff malware programs and it hasnt worked, si as of now im trying a systems restore by doing an unexpected shut down the startup repair the systems restore

EDIT: MCSAW in safe mode is it supposed to be a blank black screen w/ safe mode writted in corner?
  7. how would i reset my pc without needing a new windows 7 professional code?
  8. is it showing up as similar? or is it the Simile Virus?
  9. Didn't your computer come with one? My current computer has a sticker on the side of it with a windows product activation key and it came with a Windows 10 re-installation disk.
  10. Take some ibuprofen, get that fever down ;)

(All my solutions were already said already)
  11. I wouldn't go that far.

If you do want to reset stuff then I'd start by checking your restoration points first. Windows creates those automatically and if you have enough free disk space then chances are that these will go back quite a long time. Also interesting is that these restoration points only affect your installed programs and not your data (well, that's the official description anyway :D).

So... first of all: what virus are you talking about exactly? I did some quick research and the only 'similar "virus"' I can find is actually only an adware program which will attack your browser. So it basically installs itself as a browser extension. If we're talking about the same thing then that would explain why your anti virus programs couldn't find it: those are usually kind of sloppy when it comes to browser extensions, also because they generally rely on the browser manufacturer to sort it out.

Anyway, try this link:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/see-similar-virus-removal/

If we're talking about the same stuff then I think this will be a lot better than re-installing Windows.
  12. Yes, no background and most of the time the resolution is low.
  13. I would recommend a somewhat recent purchase of Malwarebytes to scan and remove junk from your system that is called AdwCleaner . This program should remove any junk that could be what Shell is describing above as an extension or addon to your browser. If this does not remedy the problem you can try this program that I uploaded for you, it was given to me by a friend...so...uh... pardon the credentials at the top of the program, but it does a really good job. Basically what this program does is offer you a robust removal tool that not only initiates the normal removal process that one would find in add / remove programs, but then it also goes beyond that to search the drive for any files associated with the program so you can delete those, and then it scans the registry and gives you the opportunity to remove those entries also. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen a program tell me that it was unable to remove the program because the uninstaller failed, but then this program was like "Who Cares", and it went on and collected all the data associated with that program, and removed it. Here is a video on how to use this program that I found on youtube made by someone else. It is possible that you have some hard core virus, but I suspect as Shell suggested above it is not that bad, and I totally agree with the "Let's leave the Re-Install of Windows as the LAST Option".

When I used to work at a local computer repair shop here in town, we used to use around a dozen scans to thoroughly clean a system, and sometimes we had to do some registry digging of our own to root out the culprit, but these two programs would often cut through the majority of the clutter on those systems that were gasping for space due to all the junkware on them. If you don't have a ransomware virus, then it really isn't that bad. I hope some of these suggestions and the ones others have made help you to resolve this issue, but I also hope you don't have to do a full re-install as that is a time consuming process. If you do decide to re-install don't forget to back up your data.

Good Luck, I look forward to the Outcome,

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder

P.S. I just now checked out that link Shell posted to find that it also recommends AdwCleaner :)
    Great Minds Think Alike I suppose ;)
  14. I used the free trial of premium and it did so much for me I bought the premium as its actually quite cheap for the number of things it blocks for me.
  15. I'd take it to a local computer shop and let them remove the virus.
  16. ok, thanks all :)
  17. you can easily reset windows to factory settings without needing a code in the settings, assuming you are using Windows 10. just be sure to backup files you need
    http://bfy.tw/FHD1
    ShelLuser likes this.