[Vent] This deserves respect; EMC /does/ look after us gang...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, May 15, 2015.

1. Hi gang!

Yes, it's Friday evening and yes; its even one of those evenings I looked forward to because I got to relax and have my weekend beverage (orange juice, the kind I only drink in the weekends).

So.. Some time ago I vented pretty critically regarding new players who lost money in the /shop. I'll be honest with you guys: I'm not too proud of that post. Nothing was missaid (I think) and as always: I can vent a little sometimes but when I do I always speak my mind ergo the truth as to my stance on something. So why I'm not too proud? I do feel strongly about new players. But I also have to admit that the trigger for that post was wrong. Because there were some other frustrations happening at that time (even though those were aimed against myself) and that resulted in that post. My motivations were sincere, but my trigger wasn't.

If you don't understand what I'm saying here then don't worry about it. I had to vent about something, and I did, but looking back (always easy) I could have done some things differently.

Some things bother me sometimes and sometimes (esp. the weekend, I know..) I (can) let that get to me. So this evening (Friday) I notice a lot of new players coming along and do my thing:

Code:
    [03:10:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: okies, I suppose I should do this again..
    [03:11:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: New players: do NOT buy *anything* from the /shop. It's overpriced, you're wasting your money!
    [03:11:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: instead use: /v +shop
    [03:11:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T southpark347: they put a Hologram for that at /shop
    [03:11:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T southpark347: hm
    [03:11:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: they did? finally! <checks>
    [03:11:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T southpark347: That makes me wonder
    [03:11:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  « Goodbye ShelLuser, I hope you enjoyed your stay!
    [03:11:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  » Welcome to the Shop where you can buy almost anything!
    [03:11:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Teleported!
    [03:11:57] [Voxelmap WorldMap Calculation Thread 1/INFO]: [CHAT] §4VoxelMap§r: Unknown world!  Please select your current world in the Multiworld screen.
    [03:12:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T southpark347: Ahh Hologram makes no shade
    [03:12:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T southpark347: xD
    [03:12:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: nice... they actually listened 8)
    [03:12:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T southpark347: Oh wow but these shaders in here are nice
    [03:12:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T codemister21: wait
    [03:12:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] T ShelLuser: ok, that deserves some respect

As can be expected: with special thanks to Southpark347 for pointing me to this.

What I'm venting about this time? Well, my dear reader, this piece of awesomeness:

Deep, well earned, respect here...

My motivations back there were off. But my drive wasn't. I spouted off for the wrong reasons, for sure, but I wasn't lying when I said that new players were losing a lot more money (within context) because of the /shop. If you try to help new players out you're bound to see this. Easily.

So I think an applause here is also well deserved. For starters by helping out our new player base and making quite sure that they cannot waste their money over nothing. But also for taking me seriously back there (and respond accordingly) when I was a little overly critical.

So... Since I'm already WAY on the road towards fanboyism lets make a grand finish by saying: in my opinion it's actually quite hard NOT to like this server once you gave it a fair chance to get to you.

Conspiracies I tell you!

Nah: honestly.. you guys rock.

Edit: Meh, some posts are best not done in the weekends. All fixed now.
    Dramanya, wkramer79 and Dr_Hacksaw like this.