Utopia Road Edits

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 820327, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Alright so we all know the rules when it comes to road edits, that you must leave an area big enough for horses to travel at all times. But what about on Utopia where everyone has access to fly and the majority of players most likely not using horses there in town? I was thinking why not allow players to bypass that rule in some way (only on utopia of course) only as long as the fly flag stays true at all times so then players can access those plots that have the road edits while also still being able to fly over if needed to fly past? what would your opinions be of this for those of you that may eventually come across this?
    UltiPig and WolfInAction like this.
  2. A horse can walk through two-block tall areas, so if your road edit will have a ceiling two blocks above the surface, it would be a legitimate road edit build.
  3. say someone had a build that dropped down like a pit where the road edit would be along with 5 or so blocks on each side though, then it wouldnt be possible at that point. but it really does come down to the whole horse riding on road there thats all. maybe if there was another way
  4. Heard you need 3 min. for those riding a horse.
  5. The only difference between two blocks and three blocks is whether or not you're able to see while riding a horse. :P
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. I'm not too sure. The first (most obvious) issue is who is going to ensure that the fly flag stays on all the time? Well, fly and move I might add. When people turn that off and the road is closed then that could lead to issues.

Another possible caveat is Utopia itself, normally players can own only 1 residence. Now, I can definitely see how alts and such come in handy, but how would you deal with a situation where 2 players decide on such a road edit, then all of a sudden one of them decides that they want to close their residence?

I don't think you can assume that players will be able to fly all the time, unless of course this can be enforced somehow. And unless that's the case I think it's a good thing to have at least 1 means of transportation between residences which will always work no matter what.

But if it can be enforced it does lead to the question how players would be able to back out from all this?