US Presidential Elections Thread 2016 (Dems and GOP)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sgt_Pepper4, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Why did I totally trash this opportunity to ask something important and inciteful?

For the lols. 7 vote(s) 26.9%
To let users focus on posts (get back to posting!) 2 vote(s) 7.7%
Peps has no idea what he is doing. 5 vote(s) 19.2%
I like ice cream. 12 vote(s) 46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh this should be very interesting, UK bans Trump, Trump becomes president and says he's coming over for a visit. lol
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  2. In my opinion, Donald Trump is probably the least mature Republican frontrunner America has ever laid eyes upon, and Hillary Clinton lies. And lies. And lies. But what presidential candidate doesn't lie? Imagine what our country would be like if the president told the 100 percent honest truth, all the time. But, even if I could vote, I don't know that I would vote for anyone. I'd just pray that the US survives whatever is to come in the next few years.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  3. You could try to pick the candidate that the US would most likely survive. If that's your view on the candidates.
    We3_Nub_ and Echelon815 like this.
  4. Trump is a Hitler.
  5. Trump, from what I heard, is planning on making all the Spanish, Mexicans, Asians, Etc move out of the US. But without Asians, the Chinese won't be manufacturing anything for the US any more. Since many engineers are Indian, there will be not much engineering going on. Without Europeans and Australians, no more good wines will be going to the states. Just think about it. The US is going to lose its population due to all these people moving out. The Chinese and the Indian are the best at math, looking at statistics. If there are no more decent mathematicians, how are they planning to move onto the next generations? I'm almost 90% sure that Trump may start WW3, but they will be at a unfair advantage, since they are facing off the British, Japanese, Chinese, Russia, and India.
  6. Trump wants to deport Muslims from the country and wants to build a Wall on the Mexico-US border, and plans to make Mexico pay for it (which they can't do). I haven't heard anything about deporting Asians, though. I wouldn't put him past it, seeing as the Chinese are a rival to the States and are beginning to aggressively expand.

Spanish people are also Hispanic, a long with the Portuguese, Basque, Catalans, and those living in the UK's overseas territory of Gibraltar. They are quite different - culturally and in terms of appearance - to the rest of Europe, so I wouldn't group them in with the rest of Europe in the context of what you're talking about. The North and West Germanic Europeans and Eastern Europeans are white, so us Native Europeans from above the Spain-France border are pretty safe from Trump if he ever becomes President. And if we're not, then Trump is an even bigger tool than first thought, seeing as he and the rest of the white American population are Euro-Americans :p
  7. I never heard Trump wanted to actually deport Muslims, only deny them entry to the US. I may be wrong but either way, he's extremely racist. More than any leader of a "free-country" should ever be.
  8. While Trump has never said he would deport all muslims, here are a few things he HAS said he will do.

1. Build a giant wall along the southern border and make Mexico pay for it
    2. Get rid of the Department of Education
    3. Get rid of the Environmental Protection Agency
    4. Defund Planned Parenthood
    5. "Temporarily" ban Muslims from entering the US
    6. Ban Syrian Refugees and deport any that are currently here
    7. Heavily surveil mosques in the US
    8. Never take a vaccination as President
    9. Stop spending money on space exploration
    10. Allow Russia to deal with the IS in Syria
    11. Target and kill the relatives of terrorists
    12. Bring back waterboarding, and bring back interrogation techniques that go past even that
    13. Refuse to call the Iran leadership by their preferred title
    14. On his first day he would get rid of gun-free zones in schools and military bases.
    15. Sign an executive order calling for the death penatly of anyone found guilty of taking the life of a police officer
    16. Deport ALL (nearly 11million) illegal immigrants living in the US
    17. Start winning again.
    "We're going to win so much -- win after win after win -- that you're going to be begging me: 'Please, Mr. President, let us lose once or twice. We can't stand it any more.' And I'm going to say: 'No way. We're going to keep winning. We're never going to lose. We're never, ever going to lose."

...whatever that means...

Trump is a buffoon.
  9. What particularly screams that at me is getting rid of funding for space exploration and never taking a vaccination as President. Both of those are pretty key to mankind's survival (the President taking a vaccine isn't - I couldn't care less if he dies of polio or meningitis or some shit, but that's discouraging people from giving kids vaccines. It's like he wants to cause a pandemic of some disease that hasn't been a problem in the West for 200 years), and the US is pretty much the only country who can really fund those things right now (the European Space Agency and the UK's space programme are expected to grow a ton by 2030, but right now only one of them is even close to NASA's level of success).
  10. The only thing I could find was that Trump loves NASA, but he wants to fix our nation's infrastructure first, and he likes how private companies are finding their way to space. Also he hates how we're relying on Russians to get to space right now. I doubt this all means he is completely defunding NASA. I think these statements means he'll keep the budget where it is (maybe a few increases for inflation), until he sees that infrastructure is getting fixed and paid for, before ramping up the budget to get to Mars if private companies aren't already there. We'll have to stay tuned for more details on NASA and Trump. Does that seem like a fair analysis of his statements on NASA?
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  11. Any Iowans out there? We'd love to hear what you're thinking on the eve of the primary and what you hear others thinking. Any primary predictions anyone?
  12. No one lives in Iowa? No predictions from anyone? :(
  13. Out of the Republicans, I like Rand Paul a lot, but I haven't seen enough aggression from him to make me convinced that he's in a better spot than anyone else. As for Trump, it's gotten to the point in the race where he has a legitimate shot somehow, I think he'd be the first wall-builder we've had :D.

For the Democrats, I think Hillary has it locked up. Just too much running room for her.

Just a heads up, I'm not Al Sharpton or anything, so I can't prove anything. Just something I've gradually observed from being an analytic for the past few months.
  14. Just not Hillary or Trump. Hillary belongs in jail, not the White House.
    We3_Nub_ and DH32 like this.
  15. Did I reply and say nothing? lol. Whoops.
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  16. Jail? No. While the whole e-mail scandal may raise some eyebrows, there is no evidence she included "sensitive but classified information" in her emails and thus breaking the law. There is precedence of Secretary's of State using their own personal e-mail to conduct business. Colin Powell for instance has fully admitted to using his own personal email to conduct state business. The key difference is, Powell actually HAD an official State department e-mail address.

There is also a bit of hypocrisy in the incident. US Ambassador to Kenya, Scott Gration was HIGHLY criticized and ultimately pushed out of office for the exact same instance. This happened, I believe during Clinton's tenure in office. In the Inspector General's report, which was released shortly after Gration resigned, it was stated that the use of personal e-mails was for "except in emergencies".

Is it morally wrong to use your own private server and email for official state department business? Absolutely. However nothing criminal has been brought to light as of yet.
  17. "I did not have sexual relations with the Kenya or Scott".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.