UHC - Sundays, 3:30PM EMC Time/7:30PM GMT

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by RainbowChin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. I missed yesterday but I was out with friends yesterday :p
    So good job whoever won
  2. I guess no one liked the eternal night idea to make it even harder.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  3. Server open :)
    Qkazooo likes this.
  4. Server closed :(
  5. He closed it before it got out of control :p
  6. Small rant time.

I've been quite the critic about UHC on EMC and in all honesty I still am. But that's my opinion and I can look past that, and when I do I see that the changes which Chin applied worked out. People having fun, people competing, sometimes in a brutal way, but even while they do so they still have a bit of fun.

And I think that also means something here. Pardon me when I say that I'm still the skeptic here (no offense) but I do want to say: Hats off to you Chin, you totally fixed the mess which was once UHC.

Yes you guys, Chin doesn't always break it (can we please drop that one already? :confused:), he also knows how to fix things. I even speak from somewhat personal experience; a specific wiki related example which I cannot share (ooh, convenient :D). Lets just say that it was Chin who helped me to clean up a little mess which I made. True story.

But yeah, I still wanted to share this. Especially because I've been quite the critic about UHC both in public as well as in private.

My personal opinion hasn't changed (and is also not relevant here) but I do think Chin deserves some credit for turning the whole thing around and making it work again. As such... my mini rant.

Hats off Chin!

(for the record: coming from someone who never played UHC himself, so yah.. my opinion is honestly just that :p).

Still.. I might someday. Not because I like playing, but because I might want to do a review sometimes. But I'll get back to that through other channels :)
    Patr1cV, SirTah, FoxyRavenger and 2 others like this.
  7. Well said Shel ;)
  8. I have to agree. My first two UHCs ever were within the past 3 weeks, and both of them went very smoothly: no drama, lots of humor (mainly people getting eaten by the border), and the only chaos is the initial waiting session where people can punch each other. Compared to the drama that used to pop up here each week, I'd have to say, #ChinFixedIt.
    SirTah and ShelLuser like this.
  9. I'm trying to talk chin into themed UHC's lol. I don't think it will work.
  10. The day you do the review and if I have time to do UHC is going to be the only time I come back to UHC. It would be best for the person who won the first UHC apple to run around and show you a couple tricks :p
    SkeleTin007 and ShelLuser like this.
  11. If I could manage to set up a server again I would love to do something like that... what kind of themes do you have in mind?
  12. Can I get these tricks too?
  13. I'll attend the trick session too.
  14. Lol "tricks" man I'm bored lol :)
  15. Like tough biomes to live in, like the nether. Or something wacky about the day or weather to make things harder. Like a crazy lightning uhc or eternal night.
  16. Just a reminder post to alert people to the fact that for this week only, UHC is 1 hour earlier, at 3PM EMC Time. :)
  17. Sever now open :)
    Qkazooo likes this.
  18. Come on, it's at 3 again this week? :L
  19. It's at 4pm. :)

Plenty of time to get a dataset and "maybe" a chart built. :D