Uh Oh - Another PVP Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by melodytune, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Edited. View now
  2. Its a bit odd to enter a thread and not read anything posted before you. :confused:
    Michael_Nolan and chickeneer like this.
  3. I agree that the prison server idea wouldn't work for a variety of reasons including but not limited to EMC being a uniquely awesome server that doesn't just "copy" other servers. EMC will do all it can to stay ahead of this curve; and pave a new standard for multiplayer minecraft servers. This could apply to pvp servers, but it would have to completely reinvent the traditional pvp server, to make EMC better than anyone else. Why bother if you don't aim for the top. The mission of EMC isn't to be at the top of every server list; but to provide a quality gaming experience for their loyal members. You did add some good points that I don't wish to discredit ;)
    DogsRNice and oidgod like this.
  4. I did but mainly dismissed any conclusion as a pvp server as bad for emc? Im getting worried about the thing icc posted but i cant combat an admin.
  5. Why bother if you dont aim for the top? Fun...
  6. What I meant by this was... Why bother if you don't aim for the top quality of service, most enjoyable experience. We don't necessarily want to be above every other server because we want to keep a wonderfully close community that isn't to tightly knit that it doesn't let any new members in.
  7. Ohhhhh......
  8. Sorry I am getting frustrated, I may not have been the most respectful person in my last couple of posts. All I want is the best for the community. Jumping to conclusions can cause things to trip, fall, and burn. Community members often enough post about arenas or pvp areas. They often don't go through the work of typing up a long post about it for serious consideration. It may seem like ICC is just pushing people back with the wait and see what we have planned answer, but it is the best he can give. Certain ideas the staff probably has would be seen as unnecessary perhaps until it is actually into the game and people can't live without the feature. If JustinGuy posted a thread: What is the communities thoughts about adding a pvp server? It would have to be locked probably shortly after because of the intense conversations that would take place. It is a completely different scenario when a thoroughly thought out idea is presented formally and perhaps even available for a community trial to see what happens... Yup
  9. Yeah i really dont get why i ALWAYS look at the negatives of things... Mainly so i dont get overjoyed and can point out things. Im not being anti just cuz... im pointing out the cons.
  10. I have a feeling it might include an arena server once again and/or Dystopia? ;o

Also, EMC is the first and only server I ever played, so I wouldn't have a clue. :3
    oidgod likes this.
  11. Thank you for taking the time to respond and letting us know.

Thank you too, for noticing. :)
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  12. The world needs a balance of optimists and pessimists. If there's not enough optimists, nothing is ever fun. If there's not enough pessimists, things can get overlooked.
  13. Like the idea, cant wait for the secret proyect ^_^
    And it should not be SMP 10 it should be something like:
    • Prison 1
    • PvPP 1
    Well those are my ideas :)
  14. i had a dream about a empire minecraft prison and now there is a thread about it!!!
  15. please read the entire post, it clearly says this in it.
    chickeneer likes this.
  16. At this point I am just going to assume you are posting things you see in the original topic, pretending its not there, just for fun? If not the alternative at this point is depressing.
  17. Please readthe entire thread nolan. I have read but mainly not cared as any pvp without some means to prevent newcomers rocketing to that server would result in more pvp around the empire. Besides emc already had a pvp server... Deleted because no oneplayed on it.
  18. Oh Oh - Another PVP Thread.

EMC is about community.

PVP - anywhere - anyhow - any version - spoils that atmosphere.

Others do PVP. Others do free movies. Use a good free-movie-provider for your TV kicks; use a good PVP server for your PVP kicks.

Use EMC for a rockin' community atmosphere, where we can all help each other out.

Is all.

*I *have* read your suggestions; I have not posted a "blanket response". I respect your ideas at making it work. But, my "nowhere, no way - it'd spoil things" still applies. IMHO, YMMV, etc.
    oidgod likes this.
  19. Well, although PvP is against the principles of EMC, it would be possible, seen from the right point of view. But it must have another name (not smp10).
  20. Yay :)