Uh Oh - Another PVP Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by melodytune, Jun 30, 2012.

1. ah yes I have heard of the legendary arena server that supporters could access actually I'm not even sure who could access it :confused:. anyways maybe your a person who doesn't like PVP.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to enjoy pvp sometimes if it is an option it depends the circumstances. I don't enjoy prision servers either. They are a heavly modified minecraft gamemode type thing.

Obviously some older members have some really strong opinions about things and don't like change.. Change is good, sometimes it is sour but then turns sweet (sourpatch kids reference ;))

I don't really care if you have been on this server longer than I, facebook has had changes people were not happy with BUT they got used to it. Am I right? This isn't facebook. But, in emc we have had changes just not many lately, which makes people used to what we have. And eventually don't like changes to what we have because they think it is so good already.

I don't want to make anyone angry as everyone thinks differently, just remember this: Be respectful of others and their suggestions and ideas
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  2. I think my new statement is a good answer to your innapropriate answer definatley the end paragraphs are a good lesson about others opinions and respecting them
  3. i do play on a prison server and i love it, and i also dont care that u have been here longer( mainly because i have more likes and posts)

also i dont think this should be locked because of one person not being respectful
  4. Oh dont get me wrong i love pvp, i just dont think its right for emc. It wouldnt be a good idea violating everything that has been said. Justin once said there will never be pvp here. I would like a lot a standard pvp but not a prison.
    Ps everyone could acess the arena server
  5. thanks on the information about everyone could access the arena server :) It closed a few weeks before I joined :\
  6. I think everyone involved in this thread should quit arguing and just walk away with some dignity. There is no reason to be having an arguement. People are welcome to post their opinions, that is it ( this includes myself)
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  7. Arena's back?
  8. I imagine it will be something significantly different since the phrase "PVP " was used - I am excited to see what "exactly Aikar comes up with :D
  9. I don't see a need to close the entire thread, as there is still some genuine discussion going on. I will give it a bit of a clean though, and remind everyone it is fine to debate opinions, but personal attacks aren't welcome here. :)
    chickeneer and Michael_Nolan like this.
  10. lol.. tell me about it.. People are mad at me being made a staff person on a "pvp" server only because I was there for only like 2 weeks and was made staff.. <,<
  11. I am not trying to fight with you on this, however, the prison server that I am sure that you are taking reference from itself isn't free from corruption and it also is just as, if not more, vulnerable to hackers.. Although it is a meritable idea, wouldn't it leave EMC open to people whom feel themselves gods by using things like Nodus and pvp hacks?
  12. Methinks he forgot to say something.. xD
  13. i agree thats very silly of him xD
  14. I love prison servers, you have my support!
  15. Shaunwhite... I have attacked you personally...

thecontroller used "Personal Attack!"...
    It's super effective!

Shaunwhite1982 used "ban"...
    thecontroller fainted!

Player 2 wins!
  16. Wow. I am paralyzed in shock; but have small feeling like I may cry from something so beautiful ;)
  17. Oh no, I agree completely. I've been trying a few different ones (a few of them in the top 20 on server list) - They are all very similar, & despite the flaws - very very popular.

This is why I bring the suggestion to EMC. We have one of the best coders in MC server history. This is what makes EMC special. There was a time, when I was new, I had a conflict with another player and left to see if there was a different server to play on. This is the only server of its kind. I would expect no less originality and creativity to go into a new pvp setting. I suggest prison server because it is truly the most entertaining form of PVP that I have ever found. I do not believe that anything else can be as entertaining - or keep my attention as long as this one has. I have been involved in other forms of pvp. Arenas, and world pvp games, spleef games, etc - it is fun for a short time to wack at other players. What makes the prison set up amazing is the longevity of the pvp. You aren't pvping to kill people, you are doing it to get to the top. There are goals that come before pvp.

Do you think EMC is the first ever "vanilla survival" server. EMC is not unique in the type of server it is. EMC is unique because they took a general idea and made it 100 times more awesome. This reason alone is why they would be awesome at a prison server.

I dare anyone to go and try a prison server. It is a truly addicting/amazing play style. The servers who host them, however, can not hold a stick to EMC.

Icecreamcow, Sir, I am begging you to take this into serious consideration. I get the not right now part - but please write a note on a sticky and keep it close. I so appreciate the time you took to respond to me. I know you are a busy busy man, but I do feel a bit like I got the automated response that most of these threads get (I get the business world- I get why this is the response you gave). However, If you do not think the idea will work for EMC ever - please tell me that. I am a big girl and I can take the rejection. I worked hard enough on making my argument that I feel I deserve some honesty. If you truly believe this is a future possibility - I fear that the idea will get lost in the "not right now, later" shuffle of ideas you get on a regular basis. I strongly believe that emc could do this in a way that is great - and will bring a whole new world of possibilities to us.

I hope this is not coming off as insincere or disrespectful - I think You and Justinguy are an amazing team. If I did not believe this, I would not spend so much of my time to bring this idea to light here. I love EMC - I enjoy it greatly - I've missed it terribly this past week while I've played elsewhere.

I am passionate about wanting to see these two things - I enjoy so much - come together. I would gladly help in any way possible to make this happen.
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  18. I love prison servers, EMC should add one, but I hear arena is coming back? Maybe?