Turning off shop notifications

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by bloodra1n, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Block shop notifications?

Rupees! 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Rupees? 2 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Turning off shop notifications is a function in /PS.

However, it's not working unless you choose to block notifications for tokens.

This was not in the wiki pages, and thanks to CarolMoss I've figured that out. It still is either a function not working properly, or a function not findable in the wiki.

Just putting it out here :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I just tested and shop notify works even with token notify on.. Im made someone buy something, and didnt notify me. Dont get what the problem is then...
  3. How exactly did you try to turn them off? Just trying to rule out possible options here: is it possible that you turned them off for the server you were on, then moved to another after which they appeared again?

Thing is, I've been testing this with Aya for a few moments now and we can't reproduce this issue. Whenever I turn my notifications off they stay off, no matter what.

However... we did discover something peculiar when trying this across servers. When I tried to turn off all notifications, and then tried to turn them on for SMP4, I didn't get any notifications while I was on SMP4 and Aya was buying overpriced cobble while on SMP2 (reminds me to refund her). At first I didn't understand, but then I re-read the descriptions and now I do. So I'm wondering if this might have caused confusion on your part as well:

The setting (shop notifications) do not control on which server you receive any notifications. They control from which server you get notifications. So, for example, all my shop signs are on SMP2, no where else. This means that if I'm on SMP4 and I turn off shop notifications for that server then it won't have any effect. Because my shop signs all reside on SMP2. Only if I turn off notifications for SMP2 (or all servers of course) will these messages get blocked.

My friend Aya has shop signs on both SMP4 (her own shop) and a few in my shop (SMP2). So if she turns off shop notifications for SMP2 then this will only block messages from people buying something from her signs on SMP2. She will still receive notifications whilst on SMP2 and someone is buying something from her on SMP4.

Is it possible that this caused some confusion?

I couldn't find anything indicating a relationship with the tokens notifications.
    Jelle68 likes this.