[TRIVIA / Hunt] Guess that Cover!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Sefl, Aug 2, 2020.

?

Should these be easier to guess?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Meh 2 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. I've been doing some horse breeding recently and have a "few" 133 Speed Horses so I figured it'd be fun to give some away! For the first one first person to reply to this thread with the correct Singer / Band and Song Title will win a 133 of their choice from /v +sefl on /utopia!

Google is allowed but you will need a decent knowledge of music as well!

1st Cover Song!
    ----------
    Artist
    One of their more popular songs has to do with not the "Smaller Record" but the same number as what the song is actually referring to!
    ----------
    Song
    The song title is two words. First *edit* -word- is the same and the second word rhymes with this band that wants to welcome you to their life!

- HINT - Smaller Record = Old Technology

-DISCLAIMER-
    Sorry if this is kinda complex :oops:
    Figured it would be kinda fun.
    I can make some more simple ones possibly!
    DaybreakerMC and HazardousCode like this.
  2. band: The The
    album: Hanky Panky
    song: I saw the Light
  3. :oops: nope song is 2 words :eek:
  4. Band: Shinedown
    Cover: Simple Man (cover of Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd)

"Smaller Record" there are three variants of records. The classic 78 RPM, the 45 RPM, and the 33 RPM.
    That means "Smaller Record" referred to either the 45 or the 33, as they were smaller relative to the 78.
    I cross referenced songs with numbers in the title here:
    https://www.songfacts.com/category/songs-with-numbers-in-the-title
    Three songs titled "45," zero songs titled "33"

Skipping to hint two. "[A] band that wants to welcome you to their life," after a simple Google (that totally didn't take me longer than it should've to do) immediately shows you the song "Welcome To My Life" by Simple Plan.

Checking out the artists that released a song called "45," a band called Shinedown also did a cover of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man," which conveniently rhymes with Simple Plan (and has matching first words).

It's 5:45am here I need sleep thank you for reading
    KatydidBuild and Sefl like this.
  5. Congratz to Ben aka DaybreakerMC :eek: You can hop on and pick out your horse anytime :rolleyes: I'll mail the one you want to you!
    KatydidBuild and DaybreakerMC like this.
  6. I got as far as seeing Shinedown's 45 - but failed to understand part of the clues (on the cover of the album, I misinterpreted) :oops: And Sefl totally editted the question after I submitted mine. So, I can't do this when I should be asleep. Next time, don't tempt me to google stuff when I am tired.
    Gratz to DaybreakerMC :+1::love: :<3: You ACED it.
    HazardousCode and DaybreakerMC like this.
  7. Prize was mailed out!
    DaybreakerMC likes this.