Town chat - spam, caps, begging, swearing, etc.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For some reason the quote button hates me...

I bet the staff wish kicks could be issued instantly. However, often they can't. I hear people moaning about being tempbanned for spam pretty often. I don't know if you know this but if the player is offline when they are banned then the ban is invisible. This combined with you ignoring them (which, I'll say it again, probably hides the kick/ban) will make you not see some of the bans. Chances are, whenever possible, staff are doing their magic. There are 10 servers, you play on 1. Who knows, maybe all the staff will be sorting out more severe reports and sort out the spam ones whenever possible. They have a life too...
    Nole972 and IcecreamCow like this.
  2. :(
    ShadyShannon likes this.
  3. I hate when people say that players are new and blah blah blah... Do you really need 100 days of experience on server to know that spamming, swearing, caps are wrong? It's a common sense! Kids are very stuborn, they won't drop it just because you said "Hey, don't spam, it's against the rules." There need to be kicks and bans to calm down things a bit.
    Jeanzl2000, Herbrin3 and josh303011 like this.
  4. 5. Thou Shalt Not Spam The Chat

Do not type jargon, nonsense, unsolicited shop ads, or repeated messages in the chat. Note that typing in all capital letters is effectively yelling. If you yell inappropriately that is considered spamming the chat. Flagrant chat spamming will result in a ban without warning.
    And punishment is quite clear.
    Herbrin3 likes this.
  5. ....and then, the people i do talk to, like my fiance, or my best friend who i usually play with... i have to go out of my way, lagg minecraft just to have some other chat thing up. when we are playing in game, same server, building something. its a pain in the

6. Ohh, donkey. ;)
    battmeghs likes this.
  7. Yes, yes, totally.

First time: "Please don't do that" or "<name>, please don't use all capitals, it sounds like you are shouting :) Thanks!"
    (I often do that)
    Second time: <player> was kicked by <mod> Reason: Don't SHOUT
    Third time: a short ban
  8. Hit "Reply".

9. Yup! Thats the best way to get through.. i think.
  10. Absolutely.
    We're mostly dealing with small children here.
    So, you say "Please don't do that!" (and say why). They do it again, you take their toy off them for a while.

That's all it takes. They learn fast.

And others learn just by seeing it.
    josh303011 likes this.
  11. That's what I meant. It literally was refusing to quote the post. As you can see, it's now working again. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Smp3 has some of these. I agree that sometimes it is like nothing has been done.
    I think in the first place they should have an anti swearing plugin.
    josh303011 likes this.
  13. I
    I thought you were saying that wuz me. rofl.
    battmeghs likes this.
  14. FTFY
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Happyshopper he said "I know I can ignore and I will". Please read the entire post before commenting. -_-
  16. I know I've posted a response to this that makes sense for the situation. Please refer back to them. I know that most of the people who are complaining here have seen it. Nothing has changed. The staff does the best they can as volunteers. It's also summer, some of them are on vacations with family. /ignore takes you two seconds. When I get annoyed by 20 people on XBL a a week, I don't write Microsoft and ask them why nothing happens instantly. I block them, using the tools they gave me. Same applies here. Report them and we'll do what's appropriate for the situation at hand. Just because you don't see things happening, doesn't mean they aren't. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.