[THROWBACK] OH DEAR! What's been your most embarrassing moments on EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Evealicexx, Feb 17, 2018.

?

Have you had an embarrassing moment (yet?)

Yeet 10 vote(s) 62.5%
Nah 1 vote(s) 6.3%
Lil pump 5 vote(s) 31.3%
  1. Hi,
    Just thought I'd make this for a little laugh- what are your most embarrassing/stupid EMC moments?
    Mine was probably when I first joined selling a holiday candle promo for 15r.
    Let us know and explain everything:p
    MoreMoople, JDHallows and haastregt like this.
  2. Woah, someone daring to buy that candle for 15 rupees from a new player... Shame on that person! >:/

Oh well, mine is ahm... well, I mean... I never have those moments, right?
    Okay, seriously though, when I was new, I came up with some kind of 'giveaway' where I stacked sugercane all the way to the top build limit, and then would break the bottom one so that it would rain sugercane! I thought everyone would like that, so I started almost spamming in chat to come to my res. When I broke the sugercane, of course all the cane stacked together and eventually everything fell down in like 4 packets...
    Everyone started to wonder what I was actually so hyped about and when it would start :oops:. Also, I dont think that anyone would really be that happy for 4 stacks of sugercane, while I thought I was doing something great to other people :p.

EDIT: I maaaaaybe have countless more emberassing story's, but for now I'll just keep it at this one :p
  3. Oh dear... XD
    JDHallows likes this.
  4. hmm, I don't have very many embarrassing moments, but I wasn't on EMC for a couple days (:oops:) and the community chat update happened while i was out, and I came on and said, "Why is the T for Town chat a C?" and everyone online at that time shouted at me (ok, they didn't shout at me, but in my brain they did) that town chat had been replaced by community chat. I have a few others, but I'm not really comfortable sharing them :p
  5. I've done some foolish stuff, but none of it's like- Embarassing. Well, once these people were having a discussion in chat and I started arguing with them about them starting their own group chat so I didn't have to see it... (I was wrong) And it was just kind of foolish of me. xD I felt bad. But things like selling a candle for 15r... Not embarrassing since no one else knows about it.
    JDHallows and iCrazyEvestar like this.
  6. Gave away my first million rupees earned accidentally to a derelict player (on a different account)
  7. I got permanently banned once for knowingly abusing a glitch. That glitch being marlixes being over spawned and taking them all down.

I came back the next day. That was a fun 24 hours.
  8. Wow, that's amazing. How?

I haven't been able to think of any embarrassing moment myself... I do seem to recall I was at risk of embarrassing myself in town chat at one point, and ShelLuser sent me a message, advising to take it to a private chat instead. But I wouldn't know what I was talking about. :p
  9. back in the day, ole bite was a mod and the rules for how mods handled things was a bit more....tenuous.
    so there was this big religious debate on smp3 that was pretty heated and violating the rules and i was the only mod on at the moment. i showed up and started kicking people left and right like i was in a jackie chan movie telling them to go cool down. well apparently like 2 of the 6 people i kicked werent even in the debate and were just trying to defuse the situation. i was promptly yelled at by the rest of the denizens of smp3, but in hindsight they stopped arguing about gods and started unifying to yell at me :D
  10. When don't I have an embarrassing moment would be a more fitting question...

Hmm, right off the top of my head would be accidentally typing the IRC password to the staff channel into the normal channel. Which was subsequently followed up with a desperate message to change the password asap =P
  11. Tab complete. Still do not use it to this day. xD
    iCrazyEvestar, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  12. Oh dear.... So many I don't even know where to start!
    We'll begin with a "generic" misreading something, and then replying to what you thought you read... Makes for some serious facepalms! (Especially if I'm sick/tired... Raises the risk by a large amount)
    Honestly though, can't think of what I would consider my most embarrassing moment... I'll make sure to come back to this when I do! ;)
    iCrazyEvestar and 607 like this.
  13. Fun thread Eve, nice idea! :)

I've had my share, and to make matters worse I'm still creating new ones too :eek:. Only yesterday did I venture out into the (waste) nether "well prepared" (but tired as heck, I know I shouldn't mess with the nether at those times, but...). So I had 3 fire resist potions in my inventory and 4 more in my shulker box. But instead of actually setting them up in my hotbar (or offhand) I did something much smarter: I kept them in my inventory. And then started digging in a nether fortress :rolleyes:.

I wasn't really happy with myself when I recovered from that :p

But my dumbest moment has got to be when I just started playing. It was December 2014 and the Dancer was handed out as a promo. Of course all I saw was a renamed spawn egg, little did I know what promo's were. So not only did I eventually spawn the horse, I also tried to rename the egg into something different because who was going to dance with horses? ;)

Nah, "Mustang" would sound so much cooler :cool:

Oh well, long story cut short it turned into a huge mess and eventually I managed to remove the color codes so that I'd end up with «Mustang», which I guess was at least something ;)
  14. I remember that, it's nice. :p
    iCrazyEvestar likes this.
  15. ...So, a long time ago (back when I was still relatively new on SMP8) I signed in and decided to announce my presence with the famous quote from Darkwing Duck.
    "I AM THE TERROR THAT FLAPS IN THE NIGHT!"

. . .

My fingers missed the 'L'
    :confused:
  16. ... terrific indeed.
    Kephras likes this.
  17. I recall seeing someone type "pumpkin", but they accidentally missed the u key. Went too far to the right, I suppose.

Anyway, my most cringe-worthy (I know the title says embarrassing, but close enough) moment was waaaaaaay back when I joined EMC. I was new to the forums and had been given an assignment in school to create a logo. I made mine, thought it was decent, and decided to see if anyone (oh lordy I can't believe I'm actually typing this out) wanted to buy the logo. A few people wanted me to pm them the design, and when I did, they all promptly left the conversation due to how awful it was. >_>

I ended up going back and editing all my posts on that thread in order to destroy the evidence stop having it brought up, but I left one *tiny* bit of cringe in that thread for anyone who cares enough to go look at it. *glares at Dufne*

If you liked that and want to see more quality content from my 11-year-old self, just read some of my oldest threads, and be glad that I'm no longer like that. :I

[EDIT] Ack, this is the longest post I've made in quite some time now. A Shel I am not.
    iCrazyEvestar, Kephras and 607 like this.
  18. I'd like to see the logo. :D
    haastregt and MerRhyAndBright like this.
  19. oh nononononono you do not, it's nothing more than an amalgamation of many horrible colors thrown together in a disc of suffering emblazoned with my horrendous attempt at making a flame look cool
    iCrazyEvestar and 607 like this.
  20. yes we do
    iCrazyEvestar and haastregt like this.