This is why I adore dogs...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShelLuser, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hi gang!

When you reach my age you most likely will react to the news as I do: most of it doesn't really affect you all that much anymore, also because you've seen similar events happen dozens of times already. Now, I'm not saying that I don't sympathize with the people who suffer from whatever it is we're talking about. But it doesn't leave the same impressions as it used to.

And then I read a story about Polo, a dog who lived in Baltimore, and it made me feel seriously uneasy. Because this shows what I believed for much longer already: dogs, when treated properly, can be the most loyal friends you could have hoped for.

What happened? Well... A mother was out of the house for a moment and for reasons unknown a fire broke out. Because of the house structure (so I assume) the fire spread rapidly and in no time it became impossible to enter. Which the mother tried because... her baby was still upstairs in his room.

Fortunately for this sad story so was the dog. And Polo, the dogs name, wouldn't think of abandoning the baby and instead stayed with him. He shielded the baby as best as he could which eventually cost him his own life. The baby lived through the whole ordeal but has been taken to the intensive care.

There is no doubt from the firemen who found him that the dog could have ran off if he wanted to, but instead he chose to stay and try to save the life of that baby.

I know this is somewhat of a sad story, but I still wanted to share this with you guys, because it might show you a side of dogs which you may not have known or realized that it was possible.
  2. I read this in the news as well the other day.

It's such a heartwarming story, and it shows that dogs CAN feel human feelings.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Makes me feel sad and happy at the same time.
    ShelLuser likes this.