The Today I learned thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Apr 9, 2013.

1. It costs 120K for Utopia reses to have the dirt removed. 60K for regular reses.
    jacob5089 and mba2012 like this.
  2. Canada and the USA have different types of Smarties.

American Smarties are called Rockets in Canada

And these are Canadian Smarties
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  3. I learnt that I am a failed attempt at an ai... but I upgraded and lost all of my memory
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  4. Today I learnt that there are fake Apple Stores outside of China.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. Did I happen to inspire this at all? And is this the reason you weren't really on today? :p
  6. today i learned that a lunar day is 22 minutes different then a normal one

also i learned that there are people who deny that the dark ages and the black plague ever existed
  7. You will still see the same side of the moon no matter where you are on Earth. To see the "dark side" of the moon you would need to travel beyond the moons orbit of earth.
    mba2012 likes this.
  8. SillyWhiteMage?
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. I learned that you dont try to date crazy evil ladies that remind you of cruella devill and the old hag witch from snow white. (no really she really looks like the old hag witch from snow white. AKA it was my dads girlfriend)

I learned that I have anger problems and could possible kill someone when they yell at my dad. (seriously had to stop my self before i went to jail...thats right im crazy)

I learned that even though my 2 irl friends are idiots and get on my nerves they will always be there for me.
  10. The american smarties look like these:

Whereas the british smarties are the same as the canadian ones.
  11. I have never seen these anywhere O__o (i eat a lot of candy are these off brand?)
  12. They are a British company, I don't believe they export to america.
  13. I bet they are made by the same company and they put a different label on them xD no jk lol my dad swears up and down that off brand stuff is made by the real companies and they make the off brand to get more money lol.

Also Everyone but America has Kinder eggy thingies. I kind of understand why i mean heck i would swallow the toy because i wouldn't be thinking about it lol. I remember being little and trying to beat pandas to the cereal box to get the toy but now anything non edible is not allowed to be mixed with food because some idiots had to go and swallow them. :/
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  14. In the UK just about everything that is supermarket branded is made by a major label. Usually not the leading label (i.e. Kellogg's don't make anyone elses cereal but Weetabix does). While the products might be similar there will be usually be differences, usually a cheaper ingredient or differing recipe. Some supermarkets are very strict on how their own brand products are produced (M&S are notorious for refusing for even the slightest discrepancy) while others are far more lax. No doubt this will change due to the horsemeat fiasco.
    mba2012 and britbrit3197 like this.
  15. Possibly - I've always been curious about the game, but I found out from Aikar we actually have ME and ME2.

The reason I wasn't here today... Aikar was dragging me all across town - we had a lot of errands that needed to get done (Shopping and what not for birthday doings for family).

Today I learned that our local Walmart doesn't sell normal sized guitars, and that their child, characterized guitars.. Are 36$ and some change. :eek: (THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Or maybe I'm more of a cheapskate than I knew before.)

Today I learned I could possibly be even more of a cheapskate than I previously thought.
    jacob5089, mba2012 and Crazy1800 like this.
  16. Today I learned that YouTube is a really helpful place when it comes to making stone gen's :D
  17. Today I learned that people learn a lot of things in one day.
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. today i learned that rainbow learned about alot of people learning things
  19. Today I learned how to learn.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  20. That is a really cheap price for a guitar.

Today I learned that having a gaming PC is awesome.