The Sims 4, my first impressions (with screenshots)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Caeyde, Sep 5, 2014.

1. I'm the same ,but I have restrictions in money ,so yeah... until I get hired...
  2. oh, well i have real restrictions on money too.. lol, i haven't spent money on a game in over 4 years. (the only thing i've ever spent money on is supporter here, until about 7 months ago when i just wasn't able to afford anything)
  3. Yeah... this game is a major step back in the Sims franchise and i'm probably not going to buy it >.> The original game will always be the best, TS2 will always be the second best, TS3 will always be the third best, and TS4... erm... TS4 is that one guy who stands by himself in a corner and nobody acknowledges him.

If you can't tell, I don't like this game :p The CAS is rubbish IMO and loading screens (and we all know how long the Sims franchise's loading screens are...) when I want to go anywhere is an unneeded burden. Also, what the hell is up with that house selection screen thing? It doesn't look right >.>
    princebee likes this.
  4. EA: Extra Air for sale at higher prices everytime...
  5. Genuinely, the loading screens aren't that bad. I'm actually surprised at how long they took :p
    I do agree that the house selection looks off e.e I keep clicking the wrong places :s

I don't know why Im arguing for this being a good game anymore, it's already got such a bad opinion I can't change it. I feel like I'm the only person in the world who's bought this game because all the things that have been removed have been hammered in so much
  6. The biggest issue is exactly that: for the few new features and innovations TS4 brings to the table, the core product has been stripped down to a level a lot of people find unacceptable. And even that wouldn't be such a grievous problem, were it not for the fact that this is EA. Which means all that stuff they cut out to make room for "emoshuns" is just going to be packed up and sold back as expansions, at ever-inflated prices. It's a greedy, mercenary, downright scummy business practice, and it's been going on for at least the last decade*. Personally, it pains me to see people still supporting that - but if you're the sort who can forgo the urge to have everything and keep EA's money-vacuum out of your wallet, so much the better.

*I'll give Sims 1 some wiggle room, since games at the time were still getting honest expansions, and the idea of ransoming back stripped-out content as DLC or an "expansion" hadn't really caught on yet.
    Eclipsys likes this.
  7. Are you still doing this?
  8. I am still playing the sims, but the negativity on this thread is unreal, so I've practically stopped posting what I'm doing
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. Aw :( I liked it :c
  10. Well, it blows my mind to say this, but I was wrong. EA's behavior over the last several years lead me to believe "free" was to them what another four-letter F-word is to the rest of us.
    Apparently it's not.
    'Course I don't believe for a second that it was their plan all along to provide 'free' content updates and patches, but it's a nice olive branch all the same.
    607 likes this.
  11. See
    Told ya all
  12. :eek:
    I love how height isn't customisable, but wearing the yoda costume seems to make you smaller :p
  13. I might make a post for my sim Austin (I think that's his name xD)
    He's a computer programmer, who mods games and plays guitar
    He's a cutieee :p
    607 and princebee like this.
  14. Didn't know there was so much people that are simmers... I am one too! I haven't gotten round to playing sims3 or 4 (bit weird, I know) but I have loads of sims2 games, being my favourite yet. Can't wait for Christmas, gonna work my way round to getting a sims4 game (yay!)
  15. Even though it has tonnes of bad stuff about it, every time I play I do have a great time :p
    If it's still out, I'd suggest playing the Create a Sim Demo first
    607 likes this.
  16. I have seen many LPs on Sims4 (being adiiicctteeed to them XD) and I have seen many people do the create a sim. I'll check out the demo, but I have seen leaked trailers and videos where EA staff play Sims4, and I like the look of it.
    Sims2 is the best by far, but sims4 may change my opinion. I absolutely hate sims1, no arguing about THAT, (my opinion, remember!) and I don't like the graphics of sims3. Though there's a lot missing from the sims2, it's what I would recomend to new-simmers :)
    AliceF3 likes this.
  17. PS. Alice, what's up with your signature? O.O
    607 likes this.
  18. What about it?
    Is it broken, did I break it? e.e It looks fine to me
  19. Its not broken its just... whats the robot thing?
  20. Well, even if it's not broken, that doesn't mean she understands the meaning of it ;)

Edit: Ninja'd :p