The return of JustinGuy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JustinGuy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Long time no see...

Glad to see ya back in the forums! :D
    marknaaijer likes this.
  2. This thing needs like 11 more likes before it hits tomorrow to get to 100 in one day, haha.
  3. That would be impressive - but unlikely :(

I guess I could advertise it on the servers :p
    Nole972 and mba2012 like this.
  4. It just got 3 more likes :) I logged the hubs, sister and friend in and liked it lulz.
  5. Better make that one more :D 93 total
    Nole972, mba2012 and chickeneer like this.
  6. Justin, let me fill you in one what has happened.

PLZ MAKE TEKKIT SERVER!
    More I'm leaving threads.
    Roblikescake turns to be a full on tard and sends people links to viruses.
    PT gets p-p-p-p-permbanned for mods.
    Rob gets banned for whoring attention to himself.

AND MUCH MORE! :)
  7. I dunno if that word is allowed o.o
    Nole972, mba2012 and marknaaijer like this.
  8. ... Justin is aware of what has happened in his absence. I am certain he has distanced himself from these events personally since he hasn't had time to actually be involved with them. Besides those are all fairly recent stuff
  9. Well, in that context, I think it is. If it turns outs its not, I will change it.
    Nole972 and mba2012 like this.
  10. Correct. He was never really "gone gone" from behind the scenes. I've always had daily full contact with him and such. Also, odds are you'll likely never see Justin involved in situations like this as we purposely and actively separate his job here and my job here.

On a slow day, I'm likely to get maybe 50-100 messages a day on the site. Few of them take a short time to handle/take care of and others can take minutes to almost an hour at times depending on the situation and research it needs. I'm sure back then the message count for Justin was just as high if not higher, since people would also send him these messages PLUS technical messages for him to solve. This would leave either no time to answer people (which is bad) or no time to program/fix new things/issues that popped up (also bad).

However, we're always in the "loop" with each other and communication is always up. When I or the other staff/mods need an extra bit of advice on something, Justin still pops in his thoughts and we do the same for him (and now Aikar) when it comes to programming stuff. So, in the end it's all one big connected circle, but it now runs more like a well oiled machine instead of a disorganized club, haha.
  11. I don't think everyone got that he was still kinda here, just not here. I guess they thought he had abandoned ship and left you to do everything and you were "running the show" etc. I would think he would have had to have some say in hiring new mods and ranking others up and all the new updates coming out. The mods kept telling us all "Justin will be back, he's fine." and they all argued he wasn't. Apparently they thought you guys were making it up.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  12. Yup, and we saw that from some people. However, not much we can do other than tell the truth and let people think what they'd like, haha.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  13. 50 - 100 post on a light day? Yet you have always responded in a timely manner to my PMs. Well the important ones anyways. If I have 10 alerts when I check the the web sight, I feel like I'm working on the floor of the NY stock exchange :)
  14. Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! And no I was never really gone, I have always been in the loop for what is going on. I think when I finish my palace we will have to have a nice party :)
  15. Yes, Contrary to popular beliefs, my ideas were not secretly overthrowing Justin doing things without his knowledge.
  16. That's the day I joined EMC :O
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx and mba2012 like this.
  17. WELCOME BACK!!! Player: Squizzel_Boy has been kicked for Caps.

*ehem* I have risen from the dead ... a bit
    mba2012, ZBSDKryten and marknaaijer like this.
  18. There are a lot of older members around - some don't get on the forums anymore
  19. Missed you JG!!
    mba2012 likes this.
  20. Welcome back, I suppose :)