The problems of EMC: The great unrest (closed)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Egeau, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank you for your honest response, I had been waiting for this one.

I do now understand that the medium I chose to present this in is inherently flawed. The course of this thread has taught me that much. I hoped it would work. It didn’t. That is why I originally abandoned it.
    In the original post, I tried to be as straight-forward as I could. Jet, some of these issues simply are not clear suggestions. I originally wrote this post hoping the thread would ultimately lead to suggestions, as I didn’t have any myself. The post is largely just me pointing at a problem and saying “this exists.” For some, a suggestion follows self-evidently, for most, one does not, and I did not know one.
    You seem to now have read part 1, though your brief discussion of it makes it seems like you didn’t understand the point of it. The understanding of the issues adressed was the suggestion. I felt like a problem arose because of a misunderstanding, which I hoped to somewhat clear up. I also hope those parts will make sense to you. I am ready to explain them better if they won't
    You seem to think those issues cannot be directly addressed. The issues I pointed out largely were unawareness. I would say that a lack of understanding can be addressed by explaining, which is what I tried to do.

Part 2 exists largely because I knew that those issues were ultimately a factor, so I had to address them. I think it is clear from my writing that I did not like doing so. However, I feared not doing it would result in less constructive and structured critique of the same kind, which I wanted to be ahead.
    It is about your, and some other staff’s, faults. Not of character, but of actions. Not of one case, but about attitudes in general. If you want to know what honest problems I have with you personally, you can read it. You can also not. If I were in your position, I probably wouldn’t, but I still think you should, and that’s fine as-is. You already know I and many others have significant problems with the way you act. Part 2.1 is simply an explanation of what actions precisely.
    This is also the part that people currently seem to see as “bringing up old drama,” which, I feel like, it indeed is now, in some indirect way, but I know it wasn’t then. You explained why better than I can in this langue.

I failed to properly explain the issues I wanted to tackle in the post in the post, probably at least partially because I am used to a different “type of person” and more than that because I am used to being another person in the eye of the other. [unnecessary 1950s philosophy reference] That is where the hell is, isn’t it [/unnecessary 1950s philosophy reference] Both of us probably don’t see ourselves in the eye of the other, and I think that has a reason. You know what I mean.
    I’ll just quickly quote the main points of the original post, so you know which points are important, and which aren’t:

Main takeaway part 1:
    “The ultimate result of [part 1.1 and 1.2] is that EMC, in effect, has slowly changed its player base. It used to be an economy server, but, with the the slow change of the attitude towards the rules, EMC has more and more become a server specifically for casual players.
    EMC already has quite a large player base, and most of the loyal players are from the group serious. These loyal serious players, who have hundreds if not thousands of hours playing EMC behind them, feel like their favourite server is turning against them, which, in effect, it is.”

“Most staff is hostile towards a misunderstanding that is created by differences between people, which creates a large group of people to get annoyed by the staff, (and especially their leader,) most of whom don’t seem to understand these problems.”

The main takeaway part 2:

“The lack of trust in the community manager as a person can best be explained as a combination of factors.
    The first factor seems to be a misguided anger towards the state of EMC, that leads a lot of people looking for a scapegoat. The resentment is irrational, but real.
    The second factor is a lot more real and reasonable, and can probably best be summed up as: an anger towards an incapability to understand and accept unfamiliar ways of thinking;
    one towards a dualistic attitude towards power;
    one towards an inability to fully comprehend longer posts
    and one towards a tendency to question people’s intentions, rather than criticising their actions.”

If these claims seem unsupported or vague of not specific enough, that is because they are a summary, and not the actual thread.

---

I think it is clear that this thread failed to serve its purpose as a thread. I still mostly stand by the claims I made in the original post, but the thread itself completely went off the rails. The purpose was to discuss issues and find solutions to them, but it seems unlikely that that is ever going to happen. Therefore, I would like to ask you to close this thread.
    607, SkareCboi and Windylava like this.
  2. closed by request
    Merek_Shadower and Egeau like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.