The Problems of EMC: The Future

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Erineb12, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonjour mes amis!
    Und willkommen to part 3 of the 'Problems of EMC' series :)

You may be wondering who I am, but you shall not know. I am anonymous.

In part 1, the main topic was Krysyy.
    Way down upon joy, — a life’s cruise, — sails blown by winds of bliss,
    In part 2, the main topic was Krysyy.
    Apollo’s protégée is sailing on Bahamas waters...
    In part 3, let's change it up!
    Tempest will not swerve charter course, nor oceanic abyss...
    Here's why the new update will not revive EMC:

New players are not welcome here.
    I have been conducting a series of tests, to put it fancily, to investigate what it is really like to be a newbie and I have to say; it is dreadful. One of the main issues is that most of the moderators only care for increasing their ban number rather than trying to help grow the community, one of my test accounts got permanently banned from EMC for block glitching by jaqque, yes block glitching. This just shows a lack of effort being put into the server and treatment of new players like this is very damaging to the small remainder of EMC's reputation, the only source of new players is surprisingly new players so maybe staff should start showing a bit more respect to them if they don't want to moderate a barren wasteland.

On another occasion, I tested whether the staff actually follow on what the community has decided for them to do. So I put on a few hacks and hopped on a fresh account in order to test whether they can follow protocol:
    After flying around and accumulating a couple of flykicks later, I was told to disable my hacks. However, my fingers were not nimble enough to flick the flying switch before I was flykicked a couple of seconds after while standing still (system is extraordinarily slow at kicking). "This newplayer got kicked right after I warned them for hacking? They must not have learnt their lesson! That's ban number 154 yayayayayyy" -jaqque

Even the rule decider is a rule breaker, during one of my 'experiments' I wanted to gauge how well religion is handled by EMC as a whole. Some of you may have been present for my 'Free Chris' movement, where I pretended to be a devoted follower and preacher of a 'real' religion based around freedom. Soon, after spouting a load of generic nonsense, the great Krysyy decided that this was a job for her and logged on to prove that she was the right person for the prestigious Community Manager role. She will strike down with all her force to end such strange and ignorant behaviour, she will be our saviour!!!! Nope.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, except they're not. Follow your own damn rules before you try to enforce them on others! And don't try to justify your actions with a defunct rule about not talking about religion ;)

These were a few examples of staff completely 'forgetting' what their role is, although I would like to say that some of the staff were much better at their roles. Commendations to weeh and AncientTower. The purpose of the staff team currently is to accumulate as many bans as possible, I would love to see their leaderboard.

Let's take a look at the page new players land at:

• Outdated logo which violates EULA
    • There is barely any kind of economy left, almost all of the malls/shops are empty, abandoned or not even a shop anyway
    • As of writing, there is currently 22 members online, you could probably find more people in the back of a lorry. 0.003836816% of people who have ever logged in are currently logged in, 0.37879844853% of people who have ever been on this server logged in the past 30 days. Isn't it also ironic that Aikar represents the 'active community' when he logs in twice a year?
    Player testimonials were written by:

boozle628 - 30 days derelict
    ANTP09872525 - 1291 days derelict
    QuarterStop - 1103 days derelict
    cube45 - 343 days derelict
    wisepsn - 699 days derelict
    Gadget_AD - 372 days derelict
    ElectricKiwi - 930 days derelict
    Deathtomb8953
    darksuperlord - 919 days derelict
    bloodra1n - 777 days derelict
    AliceF3 - 817 days derelict
    shavingfoam
    xHaro_Der - 1276 days banned
    gollark8 - 1632 days derelict
    DragonFlame356 - 1466 days derelict
    princebee
    Maybe get some fresh ones for a more accurate representation of the Empire?

• Economy is almost dead.
    • The re-run promos are extremely boring nowadays and interest in promo collecting is falling
    • Although the PvP arena is still on 6, the preferred one is on /games
    • Mob arena is no longer on the events calendar, let alone run multiple times weekly
    • Youtube is no longer run on EMC

EMC hosts 75 players per day on average, certainly not a generous 200-300. Sadly it is deceiving to say that our sub communities grow and prosper, it would be more accurate to say that the smaller sub communities are a breath of silence.

Professional development? I don't need to say anything more.

The staff team are simply incapable of taking care of the inbound player boom that is soon to come with the update, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about a 'revival of EMC'.
    There are also issues such as people already being loyal to their 1.15 servers that they've likely been playing for a while.
    And 1.16 isn't far off which will just cause this 1.15 fiasco all over again.
    Adios!
  2. So....

You logged in under multiple accounts (which all link under your IP) and purposefully broke the rules we say not to break, and now say that EMC will not survive because we ban new players who can't follow the rules, even after warnings are issued? By the way notes are shared in square and we can see when a player on the same IP starts acting up., which means they are no longer treated in the same way as a purely new player. So we're more strict on them continually breaking the rules.

Welcome to EMC! We actually ban people that don't follow the rules. Always have and always will.

We don't keep a leaderboard and yes, the numbers are quite high, but we aren't celebrating that. We ban players because frankly, we don't want rule breakers on the server. Your 'Free Chris' movement was the definition of troll behavior and the other players are annoyed by it and reported it for us to handle. So we handled it. If you had joined as a new player and actually followed the rules, you would have a different experience. EMC is prepared to handle any influx of players that we will attain from the update, of which we hope most will follow our rules, but the fact is that some players join servers to break the rules. So yes, we'll continue to protect EMC from the rule-breakers as we always have.
  3. oof... not sure who pissed in your coffee, but unfortunately I disagree with all of this :/
  4. Locking because player went and got this account banned too...trolls:rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.