The New Player Experience - Finding where to improve!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Jun 11, 2014.

1. See, the key word there is "help". Anyone could do that and jay helped in that situation without the need for a special rank.
    Bro_im_infinite and jay2a like this.
  2. An Empire Helper would be happy to help.There are times that mods are either AFK or not in the game making them not useful at the time being.

I get you don't want this, but people do not have to say "It would be a useless title, anybody can help them" in which I ask why they have a Wiki Team. Why not make the wiki able to edit for Empire people of a certain EMC age?
  3. Good job, you can answer a question! Do you want a cookie?
  4. Clearly you do
    mba2012, sonicol1 and kevdudeman like this.
  5. Would not mind one to be honest.
  6. Having a Wiki team adds more control over what happens on the Wiki.
    You're being rude to me now.
    kevdudeman likes this.
  7. Guessing that is a no?
    607 likes this.
  8. To be on the Wiki Team, you have to know a lot about EMC. Age doesn't prove anything when it comes to how much you know.

Someone could be 900 days old and not know anything about EMC, that wont help the Wiki very much. And I bet, if it was like this, some players (sadly) would go through it and mess everything up. Yes, of coarse the Wiki can be reverted to previous changes, but that would be so painful to do if someone changes most pages on it. Just imagine being the person who would have to do all that :/ it would suck.

Being a former Wiki Team member, I know firsthand that it's quite a necessary title. If there wasn't a Wiki Team, who would be working on the Wiki? Aikar? The Staff Team? They would be the ones working on it. So instead of being in game, ready to ban a griefer, or mute a spammer, they would be on the Wiki, making sure anything and everything is correct for all the players who need to learn about the Empire. The Wiki Team saves those Staff members time, and keeps the Wiki updated for anybody and everybody, no matter what age.

Please keep this thread at a friendly level :) We're all friends here :)
    QuarterStop and mba2012 like this.
  9. Meh
  10. I always thought of you as a good person before, but it seems like you're letting anger or something like that get the best of you, and you're being rude to other players now. You should try to calm down a little bit.
  11. Sent you a cookie in case you wanted it.
    607 likes this.
  12. SkyDragon no need to be rude to players or sarcastic. Members here have asked you nicely to stop and now I'm telling to stop before you warrent yourself a tempban ingame. My advice to you is unwatched this thread and check your attitude towards players before get yourself in trouble.
  13. Mmhm
  14. You really want to go down this path?
  15. I do not want to go down any path.
    607 likes this.
  16. Let's get this thread back on track last valid reply was by Bro

607, QuarterStop, sonicol1 and 2 others like this.
  17. On the note of special names for official Empire Helpers. This will not be happening. Why?

Because each and every one of the members of this great community help players and that is the way we want it. We would have to give a title to everyone because everyone helps out in little ways every day without even knowing it. And before you say "Cool! Give us all titles!", I am NOT clicking a checkbox for a new title on over 130,000 people. Not gonna happen. My fingers would fall off.
    607, QuarterStop, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  18. Gets little graphic at the end but here you go Krysyy
  19. HA omg xD this is hilarious
  20. 1 thing i noticed is that the tutorial has dropped dramatically i think everything should be like when i joined the tutorial i think is like super bad i liked the 1 when i joined u pick were to go like custom mobs wastelands dragon tombs and continue the tutorial aikar i would really like to see that back