The Nation of Volt [Established]

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by rock00888, Nov 4, 2014.

1. The first and third posts have been updated! We're still looking for any new members who are interested!
  2. Always looking for new members
  3. The Nation of Volt will be requiring a new iron farm soon! Get ready!
  4. Work has officially started on the new Iron farm. If you haven't checked out the 3rd post there is an official list of active and complete Voltian projects. These projects are open for anyone to request to work on it.
  5. The iron farm is currently being built! Our first Airfield (name up for grabs) is being planned. Lots of exciting things happening!
    kevmeup likes this.
  6. Hello, Voltians, EMCers, and Minecrafters in general:
    Today I would like to introduce some Major reforms to the Voltian Government, and The Nation of Volt in general. These reforms are ment to help grow Volt, Politically, Economically and in Population.
    For the sake of simplicity I shall put all of the changes in a list.
    - Volt will now a new system of membership. Instead of the old membership system, we shall put in place 2 "levels" of membership. The first level is the level of Untested member. This refers to anyone who has business in Volt, but has not applied for membership to Volt. Untested members are not allowed to Vote or hold property (though they may rent it) they may however do any business and use Voltian farms.
    The second level is the level of tested member. This refers to an officially accepted member This level carries with it the right to vote, and own property in Volt.
    - Land reform! The Nation of Volt will now allow Voltian citizens to own only peices of land in Volt City. This is purely to help distribute the land in the city.
    - I will finally write down the laws! I've been meaning to collect all Voltian law and write it down. Now I will do it!
    - Increased government funding of everything! This is ment to help spur growth. Jeffrey and myself can't build everything. So by contracting out work we would usually do, we can advance Volt further.
    - A National Postal Service! Since shops no longer work in the wild, we need a new way for Voltians to do business. This is still in it's infancy, but I'm looking for people who are up for this challenge!
    - A farm tax. :( This is not something anyone likes, but we need a way to raise money for the Voltian Government. We, as the Voltian government request that when farming iron or gold, you return 1/8th of your total collection to the Voltian Government. This will help fund many more projects. SOON THIS WILL BE ELIMINATED! All farms will be equipped with a locked DC for storage for the Voltian Government. This means we will always get a cut.
    - My last point, A referral bonus. If you refer a friend to Volt, you will receive 500r if your friend says they were recommended by you! An awesome way to make money!

These changes ARE NOT in effect yet. They will be implemented after the 1st post is changed to accommodate them.
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  7. I'm still in awe every time I see this city, it's truly impressive. You should add some more pics :)
    rock00888 likes this.
  8. Thank You! I will!
  9. The new iron farm is now 3/4ths complete. It looks wonderful, Thanks kevmeup!
    JeffreyLi2003 and kevmeup like this.
  10. The iron farm is now complete!
    JeffreyLi2003 likes this.
  11. Some pics :) The one with the fire was when a few had collected during building, fun lighting them all on fire :)

Attached Files:

rock00888 and JeffreyLi2003 like this.
  12. 1st and 3rd posts received minor updates.
  13. As always many projects are in the works! If you're looking to do something fun to do, jut ask!
  14. Could I join as a new member?
    rock00888 likes this.
  15. Of course! I will start a PM on how you can get here and the like.
  16. Thanks!
  17. Still looking for new members!
  18. Come join Volt if you are looking for an interesting project!
  19. A new rail line to the iron farm is now under construction. It will go from L0tad Station to the Iron farm.
  20. This seems like a good plan.
    500r seems like a fairly balanced amount, and the Farm Tax is something that while some citizens won't appreciate it, I'm sure it will give Volt a boost in players eventually.
    rock00888 likes this.