The LSCC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 72Volt, Nov 8, 2012.

1. As others have said, some people might not feel the urge to join if they don't know much about it. Say you have someone join and then once they find out about it they leave? They could give out the information to others they think might not want to join. Some wild communities don't usually bother with money. I won't name them off since apparently Crazy has an issue.

Excuse you?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  2. The LLO is griefed frequently. For a residential thing, that's not a big deal. But when you're trying to monetize, setbacks can mean loss of profit.
  3. I found the way it was posted to be extremely rude. I find it being griefed a big deal. People put their effort into building the stuff there, now I see why some of the mods don't seem to care to handle our reports. "It's not a big deal."
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. Well, I've banned 3-5 people for griefing the LLO, and I know that the others have done more than that.
    My comment was in response to people saying he should build closer, and less privately. That works for the LLO because they can easily recover from being griefed through teamwork. When you're building something that is strictly a profitable device, some of the mechanisms can be very difficult to repair, and not every user may be trained in the maintenance.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  5. He has a point though. Stone gens cost alot. Auto tree farms cost alot. I don't see why he doesn't do this in town. Crazy was just exemplifying the resilience of LLO and how because they have a communal bond and are trying to express creativity not try to make as much of a large profit as possible that there is more of a drive. I would take it as a compliment.
  6. We have those things though as well. Apparently I was reading wrong, it just came across as "Oh The LLO gets griefed all the time, they don't matter because they don't do it for money."
  7. Hmmm... At least this is better than the "smp5 wild wall" idea. I like the idea, but (don't misjudge me here) but it seems a bit suspicious...
  8. Well, it won't matter by the time a member has taken hundreds of thousands of rupees out of a pool. Oh, and it does matter, since you said you are leading it. And the fact it is so secret makes it hard to gather people, unless if you recruit them yourself, which reveals to your rep problem. Nobody is gonna trust you if all you do is make groups that MOSTLY end in scams. If you just played the game without a big group for a while, then you can earn respect.
  9. We're not recruiting any Tom, Dick or Harry here, we're recruiting trustable people who are required to be accountable for 100% for their actions weekly or face expulsion.
    I'm sure we can unsecrify it for a while until we get the required memberbase of 25 total members, then pick and choose who we need via invite.
    This is not a scam. The only illegitimate thing I've ever done is the SMP5 Massive Excavation Project and even it didn't deceive people, everything else was legit, even SCoM. The revisions were merely to make everything friendlier to the Empire community. This should be the final incarnation of the group I need, circumventing all previous problems found with the other communities, such as the Empire Union, SCoM, the modified S5MEP, and the Pivot Superexchange.
  10. We should forget the past, this idea is good and I like it.
    72Volt likes this.
  11. So, now this is just supposed to be the group you need?
  12. this
    Well, yes, I think this particular revision is just right and has solved all previous flaws in the others ^_^
  13. But still live map will bring griefers. Nothing can stop griefers except the green guys.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  14. Wow. You just know you said that you made this group completely for personal gains right there, right?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  15. Cleaned up my posts.
  16. Come on guys, it's still only me and cheeky10 (my IRL friend) in this group, I need more people, it's been a month and the main HQ still hasn't been fully set up :(
  17. Come on, I'm sure you know the rules on bumping old threads....
  18. Is this not a relevant enough reason to revive a topic relating to the LSCC? The thread has so far absolutely failed in garnering any attention to my wild outpost, I at least deserve a last-ditch attempt to recover any validity this thread has as an information and advertising node for my outpost.
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. It was only a month. It becomes annoying if someone creates a new thread because another thread was one month old.
  20. Only a month....
    Wow, now that made me laugh.