The Kentaro Miura monument is open to the public!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Fred_TWK, Nov 30, 2023.

1. The empire of Midland [GUTS] presents the Kentaro Miura memorial monument.

Kentaro Miura was a mangaka mostly known for Berserk(see Note), which he started drawing in 1989.

In 2021 he passed away, leaving the story unfinished.

This monument is based on a pivotal moment of the story.

To reach the monument, go to
    /smp1
    /wild nw
    walk south and enter the walkway that goes south-east:

The monument is at the other endof the walkway.
    Weapons and armor are recommended.
    Elytra is strongly suggested to have a full view of the monument, but please use the walkway to reach it.
    The monument is best experienced on foot and at night.

Note: I started reading the manga at 19. I am now more than twice that age. I am still unable to digest some scenes in the manga. I strongly suggest being at least of age before starting reading it, and even then, only after being conscious that any and all content warning labels in existence should probably be applied to it.

Special thanks to:
    - GrumpyRedPanda7 for helping with the collection of the mangrove logs
    - ThaKloned for the librarians on utopia, providing all the glass
    - all the people doing Soul Sand auctions that I won :D

The monument is made of ~90DC of soul sand, and is surrounded by a ring of ~5.5DC of red glass and stripped mangrove logs.

Please visit the monument first :)

The design is the central tile found here, the one with the hand.

I downloaded the file, imported in Sketchfab (I am not affiliated), removed the unwanted details of the base, and exported as a schematic, that then I used in litematica.
    In the export process I selected the highest level of detail possible, and thus the resulting schematic got to be the scale that you observed

https://i.imgur.com/rc5bYlH.png
    https://i.imgur.com/MuYWwla.png

2. I have no idea why the spoiler buttons are duplicated :confused:
  3. Heya, Fred! This happens when there is formatting on the spoilers. If you highlight them and then click the little eraser button in the top left of the editor, it will fix the problem. I went ahead and fixed the spoilers in your post. :)
  4. How long did it take to build..? :eek: I just flew out to it to see :)
    Fred_TWK and ultipig like this.
  5. thank you!

a bit! :D
    litematica makes it easier as I did not need to think too much where to place blocks, since the layer-by-layer hologram is very clear
    607, KatydidBuild, LindenNZ and 2 others like this.
  6. Woooow! What an undertaking Fred. This looks great!! esp since it was at night and raining. Not gonna lie.. kinda spooky too. =D

I thought the walkway was well done as well. Nice work from you and your team. =D
  7. Thank you! :)
  8. I am in awe how good this looked!!

At times it looked 3d printed and at other times it seemed to be shifting to move. Definitely worth the trip to see it.

A note:
    I tested summoning a horse inside the tunnel and got an error message. But when summoning the horse and then walking into the tunnel, it works just fine.
    Keep that in mind if you like horses
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  9. Thank you! :)

Well, the original file is intended to be 3D printed indeed :D

if you people think this is important enough, I can try to figure out what to do to allow horse summoning in the tunnel
    Let me know :)
    ultipig and 607 like this.
  10. It was very, very fascinating to watch it in game.

Don't worry about changing the build you made. It was just an FYI of an emc-oddity that might come up with someone. This was just informational.

I also tried to fly in the tunnel... I don't want to talk about how poorly that went :eek: I know it is possible, but I am not elytra-capable to have made that work :oops:
    607, Fred_TWK and ultipig like this.