The Incredibles 2 Speculation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Aliyaxoxo, Jul 16, 2017.

?

Excited for The Incredibles 2?

Yes 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No 1 vote(s) 16.7%
I haven't even seen The Incredibles 1 vote(s) 16.7%
  1. Ok so I love The Incredibles. It's the best Pixar movie in my opinion. Well, The Incredibles 2 comes out next year on June 15th (Pixar seems to love the mid-to-late June days for releasing movies. Cars and Cars 3 came out on June 16th, Toy Story 3 on June 18th, Toy Story 4 and Monsters University on June 21st, WALL-E on June 27th, and there may be more that I missed). All that I know so far about the movie is Frozone is definitely in it (Samuel L. Jackson confirmed this a little while back). As for the plot, I've heard nothing. If you've found any supposed leaks, post them here, but I've seen a lot of people mention the Under Miner (he shows up at the end of the first movie. Looks similar to a mole and has a big mining rig with a bullhorn on it.) But this movie is set 14 years later, so he's likely defeated by now. Syndrome is obviously dead, he got shredded in an airplane because of his cape (similar to Strato-Girl). One of the most interesting theories I've found so far regards Jack Jack. He's seemingly the most powerful member of the Parr family because he shows his abilities off at several points in the movie. He turns to a bulletproof steel, lights himself fire, turns into a monster, he makes himself float, and he teleports. Nobody in the Parr family reacts oddly to this, and that's because every young superhero starts out with a wide variety of powers, and slowly develops into just one power. This is where I add my spin to it. Each superpower is developed to fit their personality. It makes sense, Dash seems like an arrogant jock, and he's got super speed. Violet seems like a socially awkward outcast, and she's got the ability to turn invisible. Elasti-girl is flexible, just like how she has to be "flexible" in order to keep all 3 of her kids in line. Frozone is chill and laid back, and he can turn water to ice at will. All of the superpowers FIT each of the character's personality. Now a while back I heard something that wasn't necessarily a theory, but more of an idea. Frozone's wife is a superhero, and at some point in the movie, he starts yelling the classic "Honey! Where's my super suit?" line, his wife comes on screen in a super suit of her own. I doubt that'll happen, but I think it'd be pretty neat, especially if they decided to run Frozone as a major character instead of one who shows up for just a few scenes. At the moment, that's all I've got on the topic, but if you've made any of your own theories or heard any, post them here.
  2. Oh yeah forgot that D23 Expo showed some stuff on this. (Like the cast n such)
    EmpireMall likes this.
  3. I haven't got any theories myself, but it was fun to read yours :p I am exited for the movie, It's only a shame they don't play the Englisch version in Dutch cinema's, so I have to wait until it goes on DVD... (Something I do with al movies, since Dutch voice-overs aren't that good...)
    I just want to ask you to not spoil anything until then...
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  4. Alright everybody. I'm back with yet another theory. I was watching the cast presentation at D23 Expo, and they revealed the voices of The Incredibles Family, Edna Mode, and Frozone. What do they all have in common? They're tied in with superheroes, and they have been for a long time. In fact, they seem to be some of the last superheroes that have been in public eye as of recent (or at least in the first movie). Well as you may or may not know, Superhumans were originally a government experiment, however some things went wrong, and once the public found out about their existence, they began protesting it. There were civilian casualties because of mistakes that were made by these superhumans stopping crime. Also just basic mistakes. You take a look first at Strato-girl. She's the first KNOWN incident where civilians were likely to have been injured or killed due to a mistake by a superhuman. She got sucked into an jet engine turbine. Same think happened with Syndrome, and when it happens to Syndrome we can see the plane explodes. Now as I am going to assume, the same thing happened with Strato-girl, and that was possibly one of the biggest arguments the public had against these people. Also, at D23 Expo, they made a comment about the Incredibles being different from a normal superhero movie since it is about family. What if the movie doesn't revolve around the characters defending the world from villains, but instead around defending themselves from the government, who protected them for a while and kept them in hiding, but are now pursuing these heroes to save themselves and look better to the public?

Now this is quite a far stretch, but if not the whole plot of the story, I think the government's reaction will be significant in shaping the plot.
  5. Yep, the Underminer definitely isn't the enemy. The original movie's game tie-in takes place after he shows up at the end of the film and he is the main enemy of it. It's weird that they resolved that in a game when it looked like the movie was setting itself up for a sequel.

I'm excited though. Saw the original when it came out when I was 4. I'll be 18 when The Incredibles 2 comes out. I hope it's worth the wait.
    EmpireMall likes this.