The Hitchhiker's Guide To Empire Minecraft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MigrantMove, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I definitely want one =D
  2. I would like to offer my services for editing team if needed, as i believe it will be =D
  3. That would be greatly appreciated, but like you said, if necessary.
  4. i own SMP 4's bookshop we would love to sell these ;)
  5. I want one aswell plz
  6. When I submit my entry thing it says: error sending email, please try again later?
  7. Can I join the editing team? I have experience with this stuff - but not minecraft! Thx
  8. Please make copys and sell one to me for the writers guild and pubic library :)
  9. I'd like to suggest an entry, but I can't work out the form. My suggestion is just this;

Herobrine: Mostly harmless.
  10. We might have an issue.

So a book is limited to 12800 characters (including spaces). Pressing enter (return) counts for two characters as well. I think its going to have to be more like a set of encyclopedias than a single book as even the smaller article you've written is 1,993 characters (not including returns). Mines about triple that for creepers (right now, I'm trimming).

The other options is make the articles shorter. I think this would be more in keeping with the guide from the novels, where entries are short and to the point. It's up to you, and I'd be more than will to fill either void.
  11. True, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, I suppose.

Oh, well I guess you should just PM me the entries instead. Great suggestion by the way.
    To be honest, I've paused my Shop & Rupees Entry to write my submission to the Writers Guild, I'll make sure to get you a copy anyway.
    killerbyte12 likes this.
  12. Some News:
    First off, I will be documenting any major progress in this thread, just for the record.

Second: I have received the first major contribution, on the Wild and Shop, thank you very much IamSaj. Do be aware that just because an article has been written on those 2 topics, it still doesn't stop you from writing your own to be added. The bigger the better.

Third: Ignoramoose pointed out we may have difficulties distributing the book, depending on the size. When 1.3.1 comes out, I'm going to see if I can find a mod that allows expanded books, and propose it to, whoever.

Fourth: I'm considering having a sole seller on each server. While I am unsure of how the system would work as of now, I would like the distributor to be somebody with a well known shop or something of the like. If you are on SMP 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, or 9 and are interested in being the seller on your server, PM me.

Fifth: I'm going to put it as plainly as I can. I need books and ink to make this happen. If you wish to donate books or ink, please visit my shop on SMP6, Res #12251, and proceed to the donation center in the back.

Don't Panic.
  13. How about for the people that give a contribution get a free sample of their contribution and about 4 others?
    Also, i'd be happy to help with the donating part for the book.
  14. Contributors get a free copy. Special Edition.
  15. News: First Batch shall be 134 copies.
  16. Tip: If you ever run into a pvp'er RUN!
    I learned the hard way.
  17. I can contribute books! I have tons!!!
  18. Oh, and I'd also like to add an article too, but there's just so much to choose from...
  19. Everyone, we have a problem. I was working on the master copy, trying to add my Banning entry, when I realized we can't paste the text into the books. Considering the fact I have thousands of words to type for each book, it's imperative to figure out how we can get this book to work. I'll try to figure something out, but in the meantime, finish your entries if your working on them, I'm not willing to cancel this project yet.