The great chicken invasion of 2012

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Jun 18, 2012.

1. He's actually 100% right. When you have hundreds or thousands of chickens just randomly walking around, that is one more separate entity that the server has to track. Each entity will cause more strain on the server. If you do mass egging for fun, please stop. I think for now, I will get on all the SMPs sometime soon and setup lava traps for those who wish to HELP, like Jack, to lure the chickens into their KFC deaths.
  2. you've made me hungry now D: and theres no KFC's open at 00:27 D:
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  3. Mmmmmmm KFC chicken. Can't we just make a fla that bans chicken? :p
  4. I just got this awesome image in my head of a piston lava trap, where you lure the chickens into a 2 block deep pit, then you open the floor and the fall into liquid death!:)
  5. Anyone else get some KFC ads at the top of this thread?
    Murrgetter likes this.
  6. lol I remember when I was in the tutorial I ran around the maze looking for eggs lol.
    Happyshopper likes this.
  7. I am getting ads about games involving chickens and ads about "meat = animal cruelty."
    oidgod likes this.
  8. Haha i just got an ad about "Download Chicken Invaders":)
  9. LOL I got the KFC ad!
  10. Or throw them at res 408, my res dedicated to gathering chickens if you just NEED to throw them somewhere
    JackBiggin and mtp1997 like this.
  11. Im lucky i have KFC on the same street as me :D
  12. Justin's pests pets have passed away. Dead. Unless you want a mod to come and do the same to yours, keep the amount of chickens (and animals in general) as low as possible. If I find a res full of them then I will personally make sure that they are killed instead of eggified. I wonder if the cow likes chicken...

Also the res that I have perms on to kill and or eggify any that need to die. :)
  13. Yup i just splash potioned like 70
    JackBiggin likes this.
  14. I would have to agree, the practice of "egging" people has gotten annoying, for those of us that have relatively well-known shops, we deal with "egging" on a regular basis, and although it might seem funny at first, after 5 or 6 times having to go around and clear/clean up all the chickens it gets to be rather irritating. Generally, its NOT done by a "friend", and frequently it's done by people who are intentionally trying to be a pest and NOT in good natured fun.

I have often thought about asking if there was a way to include throwing chicken eggs into build permissions so that people without build flags could throw eggs, but they would be removed immediatly, kind of like when you place a block without flags...

I'm glad that I heard ICC's perspective on "egging" and that he does not approve.
    Tehwafflez and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. Exactly mr population manager.
  16. killing peoples chickens on there res;s is considered greifing in its self
  17. ICC, this same issue keeps coming up on forum threads.

Please can you ask JustinGuy if it'd be easy enough to have a "-Egging" flag, ie 'no-chickens-from-thrown-eggs' for res+spawn areas?
  18. I have been mentioning a "chicken cap" for a residence.. IE: lets say 35 max.. for each res and for roads in total only 200 for the whole town if on road.. and if the cap is reached it'll say cap reached not spawned.. and probably give you the item back..

Now, I say we do this only for chickens not anything else.. chicks are worthless in my opnion :\
    Happyshopper likes this.
  19. As said in the op. However, I'm sure most of the server and ICC would agree that Justin's res is an exception since he never wanted the chickens there and they walked from spawn/were egged.