The Empire's greatest threat!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SillyWhiteMage, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ok... seriously.. Everyone here needs to chill. I would hate to see this thread close because of the direction the content goes. There are two good sides here, and its nice to see a civilized argument every once in awhile without the knives being pulled out.
  2. I just don't get why one could be so opposed to sharing without only ones own profit in mind.
  3. Why in any sport would a team score a single point more than needed to win?
  4. I wouldn't know.Winning isn't important to me.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  5. I don't think it's the being charitable which anybody's opposed to, I think it's more the idea that self-interest's a negative thing that's debatable.
  6. Indeed, why would i have to undervalue my effort/time put into either:

1) gathering items
    2) killing mobs (and not losing my stuff)
    3) enchanting items as many times as needed to get a spacific chantment
    4) Jumping from one to another server as many times as needed to do market research
    5) Building the shop
    6) posting on market forums about it
    7) waiting the time needed for the stuff to be sold

Just because someone wants it to be cheaper, or cause someone CANT buy it with what he has?

i.e: Idk if u have a car or not... if you do.. why wouldnt you get a Ferrari instead of a VW? or viceversa?

Better yet... if you had a Job.. wouldnt you be pissed if you work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week busting your ass out and some random dude works only 3 hour shifts same days than you... on the same job and earns the same wage than you?

Its all about effort = reward

or you'd even tell him... "dont worry man, i'll work 3 extra hours a day so you get your check and dont have to work" just because you are sooo kind and morale?
  7. Then I'm the nicest problem one could ever have. :p
    Annih likes this.
  8. I have already pointed out to everyone the unneeded tension in the thread, and then it returned to a discussion. Now, copherfield, why are you stirring up trouble after it subsided?
  9. "Scamming" is not Capitalism and can occur in any socio-Economic system. Capitalism is the free exchange between individuals. The keyword being "free." The only alternative is coercion, which occurs more often in every other Economic system, and is almost impossible in true laissez-faire Capitalism if the participants take the time to educate themselves.
  10. well the problem with a laissez-faire doctrine is that in order for it to work ALL the involved parties need to agree on the terms... if we are basing ourselves from a capitalist PoV. (as EMC is already) it'll be not only an utopic tought but a matter of lengthy discussions to try and change ppl's minds

in my sane opinion...

here we got to play, get used to it, do what you need to do to get what u wanna get, (not breaking rules obviously)

-you dont like "guy A" prices, go buy from "guy b" dont like em either go /wild and get em by yourself
    -set you shops with the prices you want u got 2 options, you'll be bough out 24/7 due its "cheap prices" or you'll have no sales due your high priced stuff (its your own perrogative)
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  11. Also, what is more moral than an equitable exchange between two (or more) free people? With Capitalism, you can always walk away from the table if you don't like the terms.
    GameKribJEREMY, RaNiSiMa and ISMOOCH like this.
  12. If everyone thought like you in the game and in real life, then far more of us could afford to be Diamond Supporters.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  13. funny you say this as my diamond sub ran out :p
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  14. My problem isn't the system but the people using the system for their own gain while hurting the whole.
  15. i love the "dont hate the game, hate the player" attitude on that one.
  16. Anything perfect in design can be ruined by being set in motion by a flawed factor.
  17. key word is "anything" even your system of just giving things away will have some exploitable flaw that someone will find out. And then you will have Ran posting something similar to this thread about your system XD
  18. Miss:

Lemme tell you; CAPITALISM (wich suposedly you dont have an issue with) is meant to be PERSONAL PROFIT... obviously ppl will try and become richer by following the model

I now ask you... COMUNISM, ist it meant for the "Lower" classes (poor ppl) to have equal wages/assets than ppl that bust their asses out working?
    Isnt that then.. THEM abusing the system for personal profit?

Under that note.. you should have a problem with yourself according to your post as well...

A bit incoherent should i say
  19. I know that, but that shouldn't stop one from trying.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  20. Scams hurt the whole, I think we all agree about that. My point is that scams are not a hallmark of capitalism and are actually antithetical to true capitalism, despite what the OWS idiots would have you believe. I'm a proud Capitalist who works hard every day and owns a nice home on five acres in Illinois, 47 acres in the Missouri Ozarks, and enough free time to enjoy them with my family. Under any other socioeconomic system, my hard work and desire to succeed wouldn't be worth a hill of beans. Fourteen or more hours of backbreaking labor with nothing to show was the norm for serfs like me for thousands of years before the advent of Capitalism.