The Empire's greatest threat!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SillyWhiteMage, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I think it depends what people's aims are in EMC. Some people want to accumulate rupees, some don't mind either way. Rupees are another dimension to EMC and some people play the game for rupees. I don't think we have the right to say that all players who are "greedy" with rupees are in the wrong. They enjoy playing that way, who are we to tell them that they're wrong if they aren't breaking the rules in the Empire Guide?
    RaNiSiMa likes this.
  2. Welcome to Economics 101... Supply and Demand... migth wanna read a bit on it
  3. its human nature to "compete" to be the best is just something that Humans as a whole strive to do. It may not be at all things, but everyone has one thing they want to the best at.

With this is mind, what some of the people here gather as "greedy" are actions of someone attempting the master a system they know how to.

In American Football, it was considered a wrong thing to utilize the downfield pass, until later it was legalized, all it was really, was someone finding the best way to compete, to have the upper hand.

While it may not be wrong, you will still leave a wake of upset people playing this way. Its all in the personal moral and ethics of each individual.

How far will you go to be the best?

Its a question that may seem silly in this environment. But some people take pride in every little accomplishment.
  4. Sorry for expecting some sort of morality.
  5. Exactly! I think it's a matter of opinion what's worth competing for and what isn't. There isn't really a clear cut answer to this "greed" thing. In my opinion, the current EMC rules make a good compromise between the different viewpoints of players, but as I say, it's not black and white.
    margaritte likes this.
  6. Since when MORALITY is measured by how high your prices are set, and how much rupees you wanna gather?

what you mean is if i sell diamonds @ 10r each i have morals and if i sell em @ 100 i do not?

Dont make me laugh... morality is way beyond prices and economics

why did you went iron supporter? to get "benefits" dontcha? isnt that economics too? cash for perks? that means u have NO MORALITY kinds sir... according to what you say...

I guess im the less moral of all players in this game since i bought SMP1's Dragon Egg for 140k rupees... shame on me... lemme go hide in a corner and think on what i've done.

Oh yes... forgot to add... and i did it w/o even having ONE shop chest on any residence i have..... DAYUM!
  7. I probably should have read all the comments and posts, but laziness has its costs.

I think that we should have communism tuesdays were every tuesday you cant buy from others, but the empire shop is cheaper. you also get a few bad potions (swiftness I and that stuff) and some steaks, a few ingots, and once a month, 3 diamonds. you also get double rupees, unless you are a supporter. then you get R+(R/(2-(S x 1/3)))
    R= Rupees, S= supporter level (iron=3, gold=2,etc). with this equation diamonds supporters still get more rupees than normal, but much less of a percentage than iron, or normal players. because there is no division button, ill explain.

Rups plus (rups divided by (two minus (supporter multiplied by one-third))).

maybe some xp can be added as a bonus? i think that capitalism is good for now, but really, Communism Tuesday is a good idea, just hard to execute.
  8. all i see is attempts of lazy ppl to get more for less... excuse me Mr. comunists... next time you get a silktouch+unbreaking III diamond pick after "hopefully" just 2-3 attempts on chanting it with 50XP lvls (wich already takes A LOOONG time to get) dont forget to sell it to me for 1k ruppess k? lemme see how high into MORALITY are you
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  9. I said buying from cheaper shops with the intent of selling it for higher was the immoral thing.Get over yourself. I got supporter so I could get on when the server is full and so I could give the extra rupees to people who want them.
  10. Evil only cares about oneself.
  11. While I believe it could have been said a little more politely, the message is important.

Being less "greedy" is easily said, but harder to practice.
    RaNiSiMa likes this.
  12. Can i has some extra rupees?

stick to your words
  13. You can't reason with greedy capitalists pigs.They sold their care and reason for more possessions.
  14. In all fairness, Mage did show up at my place one day and give me several stacks of logs out of the blue, without saying a word. I had no idea why at the time, but it did make me smile...
  15. Sure
  16. Ok this is going beyond the regular discussion... now its direct attacks. I encourage you to back up on your words, or i'll report the post as an isult to me, and any other "capitalist" out there...you started the discussion knowing where it'd lead... now take it like a man when ppl disagree with you and dont reply with those kinds of comebacks...

Tought you had "morals"
  17. I don't think there's any justification for accusing people of being "evil", this has been a nice civilised debate until the last few posts.
  18. while i enjoy debating with others... I would like to point out, Both sides should still be polite to one another. I like seeing these kinds of discussions, but only if they stay civil. There is no real reason to get carried away. This is directed at not one single person, but the general tension is getting tight on this thread, and I would like everyone to just have fun.

I know debates like this when there are two strong views on both sides, can tend to get heated. But just remember to stay within the rules here. Or as any high school debate class would say "stay on your side of the line" XD.
  19. So you can insult me but if i say something about you are you threaten to report me?I feel sorry for you.Also I'm not a man,so taking it like one might hurt.
  20. ... so funny when you talk over Teamspeak3... tought i heard a man's voice... perhaps it wasnt... SORRY

and insult you? where?... please enlighten me on where i did insulted you...