The Empire of the Future - My vision! (Updated: 7/13/18)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The PvP part sounds great, it does get boring sometimes without it.
  2. Love the ideas for outposts. Even though mine is a few min out it would make it much easier :D
  3. If we could just get a singular teleport access for registered protected outposts I would be so happy! Taking a 25 minute rail ride is like X_X . I'm not sure how the mechanics would work for new users or people who want to join those who have access for outpost teleports, but it would save so much time. I really feel like having the integrated frontier survival town quick access would attract more users to EMC.
    PetuniaFigtree and ZBSDKryten like this.
  4. In one of the pinned threads, it specially says that wild-town teleportation won't be added etc.
  5. From the OP:
    - Empire Land Claiming: Ability for an Empire to claim land in the wild
    - Ability to teleport to/from town to your Empire's land
    607 likes this.
  6. Hmm... look at the "Already suggested ideas" thread pinned to the suggestion box..

It saying the following:
    Here's a list of things that will not be added to the Empire:
    Please do not suggest these things - it's pointless - the thing won't be added in the foreseeable future.
    • /back, /home or similar commands being made usable in the Wild, Nether or End
    • Constant creative mode on the SMP servers
    • PvP on the SMP servers
    • Most things that stop the game from being vanilla
    • Anything that adds new blocks or requires a non-vanilla client
    • Tekkit or Feed the Beast
    • An official EMC App - site updates will make a mobile version of the site.
    Soo confused..

Also, wasn't the site development stopped or something..?
  7. Do you see what is happening? It is miscommunication.
    The text states that there will not be any /back or /home commands being made usable in the Wild, Nether, or End.

Aikar said that there will be a way, not necessarily a command, but a way to get to and from your wild outpost easily.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  8. I think it was implying that land claiming won't be added in the foreseeable future xD
    Anyways, what that thread was implying is that the commands /warp, /tpa and alike won't be added. It has been known for a long time that that kind of teleportation is obsolete but also that we WILL be able to teleport between town and wild outpost.
    607 likes this.
  9. Ah well anyways sorry for wasting people's time lol
    607 and boozle628 like this.
  10. It's no waste of time! The reason us forum prowlers are on all the time is to post :p

The goal of which is often to help people.
    607 and Qvantvm like this.
  11. Not a waste. Some people might have not known if this was going to part of claiming land or not, myself included. Now I know. :)
    607 likes this.
  12. When will EMC officially become 1.8?
    I am lagging with only 10 FPS on EMC, but 45 FPS on SinglePlayer. (Don't worry, I'll always love EMC)
  13. This by itself combined with what we already have would solve a lot of issues for me. The PVP arena is fun but I like games like is described here.
  14. If you think 1.8 will solve lagging, well long story short, NO it won't..
  15. I don't see the two statements as contradictions, necessarily. Aikar's statement in this thread implies that we will be able to transport between two fixed locations, something like we do now between Spawn and Spawn Outposts. The other one rules out general go anywhere types of commands. Also, "not in the forseeable future" isn't a strict "no". I think that thread was intended more to stop people from asking for the same things over and over than to say anything was never going to be considered.

Now we have a lot of crowding in the Nether like tunnels intersecting and Portals cross linking. It is especially bad around the spawns and along the cardinal points. Before we had the Waste there had also been talk of making other Spawn Outposts farther out in order to avoid the destruction we have around the current ones.

I see this as an extension of that concept and think it would help to add them eventually to help us spread out more. It might even be good to add some early on since so many of us are establishing outposts now.
    Qvantvm likes this.
  16. Yes, wonderful things to come look forward to having them. The idea of team play and being together for an end goal great.
  17. Even though it has been said over and over, I also wanted a chance to say "Great job Aikar! Lots of wonderful plans for the future of EMC. I will be here to support it ;)"
  18. I liked that MMORPG idea of Guilds principally, but I think is better give the quests for the guilds, like the people have tasks, problems, challenges and need help, they go to the guild near and make it a quest for someone of the guild take for do.
  19. Aikar, I have to say I couldn't agree more! I just have to say, if we are fighting, I will always be in...:cool:
  20. I like the quests. How we can do work for the staff so they don't have to do anyt-. Wait a minute...
    epicdigger10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.