the disappearing cows

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Zbid, Oct 1, 2017.

1. hi there. Soooo...
    Today, after a long day of work hauling DC upon DC of dirt and cobblestone, I told myself a good nice steak was in order. So I went to my mooshroom cooker, a jewel of technology! (in fact, the classical ImpulseSV one, that keeps the cows in a 1*1 pen under a barrier, with a water injector to make them float up 1 block in order to feed them. The babies then fall in another pen where you can deal with them once they grow)
    And Lo! no cows... I searched every corner of the...1*1 pen, that was fast : no cow, nothing, not even a "so long and thanks for all the straw" note.
    And nothing else seems to have been disturbed on the island. Just the cows, that disappeared.
    So, I was wondering : would this be someone who had quite an appetite for mooshrooms cows that raided in and took them all (20? 30?), or is there an animal-defense- server-rule against cramming cows in a 1*1 pen that would free them automatically?
    The cooker is not that hard to find (and the cows make such a rackett...), and easy to access, provided you'd search the island of course.

I don't know when the vanishing happened exactly, as I didn't need to go check on them in the last two or three days (I had bread to eat and no need for leather).
  2. That was disabled on EMC last I checked.
    PenguinDJ and UltiPig like this.
  3. Hmm, just as your cows have gone, an auction arises of leather in multitude.
    _Devuu__, ShelLuser and ItsMeMatheus like this.
  4. Can't animals pop out through fence if there are too many of them in too small an area? It's happened to me. I used to put solid blocks on the outside of the fence to keep it from happening. Just a possibility?
  5. I believe it was disabled.

Most likely what happened: a player found your island and killed all your mooshrooms -or- it is possible your farm is on a chunk boundary and they all glitched out. Although, this usually would still leave some cows behind, so I personally find it more likely that somebody killed all your cows. I personally can't think of any other reason why this would have happened.
  6. Would it have to leave any behind if it was just a 1x1 space?
  7. What you described has happened to me as well, and usually I still have at least a few cows in the pen. Plus, the cows are usually roaming around the area then, they don't just disappear. If the cows completely vanished, then I would assume it was player caused.

Although, Minecraft is not always very predictable about these things, and I could be 100% wrong and it is a technical issue causing them to all vanish. It's not the first time I may have been wrong ;)
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  8. I thought so : someone probably killed the mooshrooms, and not satisfied with its sad demeanor, the culprit did also take the water bucket from the dispenser : it was gone too. The later hints at the former, I'd say.
    What a sad thing to do... some people have no respect for themselves...

that had me laugh! Too very much mystery in this world there is, indeed!
  9. I was going to wonder about despawning animals, also /entc can be a good command to check your animal amounts.

Anyway... around 20 - 30 you said? We'll say 30. I call this a griefing and there are people helping out with that. We can get you those 30 spawn eggs refunded easily. Drop me a PM so we can discuss the details.
    JDHallows likes this.
  10. that's very kind of you, but do not worry : this is a lesson taken, I'll grief-proof my buildings with much more care from now on! These cows did not die for nothing :)

Beside, the fun is in the process, I'll find other mooshrooms soon enough (they'll probably spontaneously generate around the base as it is in a mooshroom biome), that will be an adventure in itself (meaning : I'll rave and rant about how stupid and slow are these cows while trying to lead them with some straw in my hand to their now grief-proof pen) :D
    ShelLuser and JDHallows like this.