The changing of spawns

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Basically, wastelands will be reset every terrain generation update. I have no idea if they will have the live map or not. Think of them as an extra wild/nether, just with easier to get stuff.

For a decent explanation, ask Aikar.
    B4DMAN5IMON, jkjkjk182 and cddm95ace like this.
  2. Not necessarily due to popular demand, however it's a work-around for the 1.5 update ores. :)
    Pab10S and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. Basically, too many people now live out in the Wild to make a reset a reasonable solution to the future updates in regards to terrain generation, ores, etc.

The easier option was to leave the Wild as it stands now, forever in its current state. I was under the impression the current Wild would become the Wastelands, never being changed, etc.

The new Wild will be the one updated when required.

So if you want to build use the current Wild (Soon to be wastelands).

Or I could have got that totally wrong. :
  4. Your post is confusing :confused:

I think that the new Wastelands will be a new 1.5 world, generated along with the teleport and /wastelands command.
    The wild as it is will remain, which is where you should really build as it won't reset.

Is that what you mean? I think that's how it'll work. :)
  5. No, the wild currently will become known as the wasteland, the new place will be the wild. :)

The wasteland will never be reset, but the wild will :)
  6. Ohh, so basically the current /wild will be renamed to /wasteland?
    MR2R2M likes this.
  7. Yes
  8. That's what I said!!!

:D
  9. I thought it was the opposite :p
  10. Personally, I think leaving the current wild STAY wild is the best option. It's where everyone is building their awesome towns and making everything look nice. Wastelands are for savaging materials and not caring what the land looks like, due to it's guaranteed knowledge of being reset with updates.
    Pab10S, jkjkjk182, Lasluin and 6 others like this.
  11. That's what I was thinking, haha
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. Agreed, totally and emphatically agreed.

Honestly, I'd put a Japanese Kamikaze pilot to shame if I were told the Wild was being reset. :D
    Curundu and mba2012 like this.
  13. That's what I thought.
  14. No, the new place should be called the wild, where it will be fresh and new for people to build great things. The wild currently as is, is pretty wastelandish, so why not call it the wasteland. People can move over to the new wild and build over ther.
  15. So there will be a reset?
  16. There are way too many valuable things in the wild! Leave the wild and just make wasteland.
    jkjkjk182 and SoulPunisher like this.
  17. Okay, I think what's being said is this:

The Wild, as it stands, will never be reset ever again *Crosses fingers* and so should, in theory, be left to rot and be called 'Wastelands', but ICC says it'll stay as 'Wild'

The new Wild will be the one that constantly gets reset, so will have new terrain generation, features that require resets (Such as the height increase in one of the other updates), etc. So it should be called the 'Wild', but ICC says it'll be the 'Wastelands'.

I think that makes more sense? God knows. My head hurts now. :D

Wow. I just had a genius moment......

Why don't we call the Wild, as it stands now.......

The Empire!

Honestly, utter genius. :D
    will_iamd likes this.
  18. Here's what I got: The Wild will stay the wild with all the buildings and stuff.
    The wastelands will be created, they will be reset every terrain generation update.
    Am I right?
  19. God knows, it's so confusing now >.<
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. It's not that confusing. Here it is...

We currently have the Wild, which is ran as a Wild should be ran in that its fairly wild, but it's more like a Wastelands at times because of the lack of the PRA being utilised to keep the wastelands at bay so it as I say makes the Wild more like a Wastelands.
    With the new Wild coming in, which allows for resets, then it'll take in all the new features of the Wild, but I believe that instead of being a Wild used as a wastelands, it should be called the Wild whilst the Wastelands remains the Wild as it is now, but being renamed from the Wild to the Wastelands.
    So then you have the original wasteland like Wild now called Wastelands whilst the Wastelands Wild that people are talking about becomes the new Wild but is more like a Wastelands because it's not really inhabited as such and only used for resource mining making it more wastelandish in the way it wont be maintained like the Wild now the Wastelands, would be.

margaritte likes this.