The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Glad to hear you noticed the format :p I see it says I on the left (for Italy/Italia), I know some British cars say GB next to it but there's a lot of cars here that don't have the blue part on the side... not sure why! I can determine a British car's manufacture date (year) if it's a 2000 or after car, but the pre-2000 cars have a prefix/suffix system depending on the year, and it gets quite confusing so I haven't learned it. It's quite interesting, though!

On another note, I now have my provisional license. Time to get learning for my tests! :rolleyes:
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  2. Saw a black Skoda Fabia the other day, with purple wheels... not sure how to feel about purple wheels on a black car, guess it could be a lot worse! :p
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  3. Not sure how I feel about Skoda Fabia! And Purple Wheels :eek:
    Never seen one here in the U.S. Its a hatch back isn't it?
    FDNY21 likes this.

4. The dodge d100! I plan on owning one some day. They're sleek and stylish, yet reliable.
  5. Prepare for that truck to eat your wallet :p
    607 and Code_Surfer like this.
  6. Yea I know xD probably only gets under 10 miles a gallon xD
  7. Certainly going to take up a lot of fuel but it looks great :D If it's what you plan on owning then I wish you the best of luck there, go get what you want! :)
    It looks almost the same as this Fabia here :p
    luckycordel, Code_Surfer and 607 like this.
  8. RIP Henri Toivonen, Sergio Cresta and Group B rallying. 30 years ago today, a crash at Tour de Corse ended two lives and one of the best rally championship groups known to man. Let's remember them, and celebrate just how they'd like - with Group B rally cars!

9. Yesterday, I drove a car for the first time. Trying to learn clutch control, and I have stalled a fair share of times :p It's not easy but I'm learning and that's what matters. I hope to get much better at it! Once you get going, it's quite fun :D

Maybe learning clutch control in a Ford Focus ST with sheep in a field is quite different to what you'd expect, but it is interesting! :)
    Sachrock likes this.
  10. Not my first time driving fast, just the fastest I've driven.

NASCAR fan or not, the first time you haul off into a corner at those speeds you respect the sport.
    luckycordel, FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  11. That must be an awesome experience! I like the sport but I don't find it as enjoyable to watch as other events such as rallying, but actually driving... driving it must have been pretty intense! It sounds scary but a great experience, too. I hope that you enjoyed :)

On another note, I spent some more time driving the Ford Focus ST today and I'm slowly getting the hang of things... slowly but surely! :D
    MatthewDA and 607 like this.
  12. I saw a Mclaren P1 in New York a few weeks ago. I'll try and find one of my pictures
  13. Nice! Post a picture here when you've got it! :D
  14. luckycordel and 607 like this.
  15. I think that this looks pretty cool :p Found it on the internet when looking for images for my assignment!
  16. What's the assignment for?
  17. College assignment for competition vehicle preparation, I was finding pictures of rally logistics vans and it came up! :D
    607 likes this.
  18. My sister and I just saw an awesome black Volvo Amazon. So great <3 I waved, and the driver honked in reply ;)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. Like this? :D

Those are awesome! So cool that he honked back, too!
    Raaynn and 607 like this.
  20. Someone put their own spin on the famous Audi quattro jump image and I'm not sure how to feel about it :p

Original famous image:

The twisted version (modernised):