The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Only on wet roads :oops: cough, cough, I mean wet tracks. My rear tires cost me $700 for the pair. They don't last very long as it is.
    So I try to behave. But I have fun, that's why I don't run those loud pipes.:D
    I also used to Rock Crawl in a 86 CJ & Drag race a 65 Chevy II!
    I want to get into Auto Cross, I'll let my Son finish College first.;)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  2. Of course, just wet tracks ;) Costs a lot though, goes through tyres quickly, and you don't want to kill the car either :p

What car would you want to use for auto cross?
  3. Well, guess I should pitch in for this :)

Audi R8 Coupe and Nissan GTR, both chosen purely for looks alone.
    Could post many, many more.
    PenguinDJ, luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  4. Two of my favourite supercars, no doubt! I was actually quite excited about the new Audi R8, I much prefer the new shapes that they have designed! Of course, if I had to have one, it would have to be the brand new R8 V10 in this shape ;)

As for the Nissan GTR, it's a brilliant car, one of the best on the market, but if I had a choice, I'd go back in time and take one of the older Skyline GTRs for sure... Somewhere between 1981 and 1999 :D
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  5. Not a Mustang LOL JK
    The class I've been eyeing is 1976 & older American / American drivetrain.
    I would like a 71 - 72 Split Bumper Camaro (Pro Touring):D
    Since my Russian T-34 fell through :( (didn't need it anyway). Auto Cross should be doable after my Son out of School.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. I can see why your Russian T-34 would fall through, they are quite heavy... ;)
    luckycordel and PenguinDJ like this.
  7. I'll be on holiday for a little while so I won't be posting so much, but no worries, still feel free to post here, I should be able to post sometimes too! :D
  8. Have a good trip :cool:
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. Thanks Lucky! I'll still have a little access so I should still be able to talk a little bit at the odd time :cool:
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. Going on holiday this morning so activity may decrease from this point on, but I should still have a little access on holiday!
  11. We may need to part from our Volvo, it's too expensive :(
    I've thought about asking for donations on another forum, but we probably won't be able to keep that up for that long :p
  12. Shame to hear that :( How old is the Volvo? Do you know what you want to get instead?
  13. My mum thinks about fourty years, but she doesn't know much about it.
    I don't really know what her plans are, as I find it hard to discuss without getting slightly emotional :/
    FDNY21 and luckycordel like this.
  14. Is it to expensive for you to maintain, or does it need a lot of work?
    If u need parts, I may be able to help. years ranging from 64-79
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  15. The number plate might be able to tell you the year (the ones in the UK can be identified by this way anyway), or perhaps the car came with some papers that gives bills and dates of things? It may have a date of registration or a date of when first taxed or insured with it...

As for what lucky said above, is it just expensive to run or does it need some parts? Is it rust or mechanical issues etc if it is parts?
    luckycordel likes this.