The Big Furnace

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ZombieSlayer010, May 29, 2013.

1. This is a small, effective furnace (All credit goes to Night_Triumph).
    Steps:

Step one: Gathering materials

As this is a small project, it doesn't require a couple thousand rupees to build, in fact I suggest mining for iron to get enough iron for more than on furnace. The raw materials included

-12 wood logs
    -8 cobblestone
    -15 Iron

That's it! Processed building blocks:

-3 chests
    -3 hoppers
    -1 furnace

Step 2: Setup

The first step is placing a furnace, like this:

2013-05-29_10.57.31.png
    Step two: Chest placement

Place the chest one block above the furnace, to the bottom right, and the top right, like so:
    2013-05-29_11.01.09.png
    Step three: Hoppers, again like so NOTE: make the hoppers connect to the target, by Shift+RMOUSE on the target. the targets:

Top chest: furnace
    Top right chest: furnace
    Furnace: bottom left chest.
    2013-05-29_11.04.48.png
    I hope this helped! Again, all credit to Night_Triumph, ask any questions!

Put the fuel in top right chest, raw item in top, and it comes out the bottom!

Pros: much larger fuel and materials input
    Cons: No XP from smelting.
  2. Very good and simple design, +1
    wisepsn and zombieslayer010 like this.
  3. A good idea thenks.
    wisepsn likes this.
  4. Very nicely explained, I will be using this method to smelt cobble into stone at the NR! :)
    L0tad, wisepsn and 72Volt like this.
  5. I use it for the same thing at my outpost too :)
    wisepsn likes this.
  6. It's best to use it with bulk smelting, and other that usually are smelted in bunches, like cobble, or sand :)
  7. wow, thats a great idea... I'll use it on my plot XD which is basically an odd-job shop.
    btw: contact me if you need an odd-job done, like getting mterials, or flooring, etc.
    wisepsn likes this.
  8. But you don't get the experience, or?
    wisepsn and Nilex92 like this.
  9. Well thanks Lukas, you're right, I am breaking off my furnace build now.. Meh I didn't realise this earlier, and I've used it that much before that I've thrown away a few dozen of lvls :/
    wisepsn likes this.
  10. Nice work! :D
  11. It's in the Pros and Cons, you won't get experience but it is a very good design to smelt things quickly.
    wisepsn likes this.
  12. What he said! Although the furnace is built to smelt lots, and does so smoothly, since they are so cheap I like setting up two or three to get the job done!
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  13. I had a few more then 2 or 3 :D
  14. Indeed, impressive!
    Nilex92 likes this.