The 1.11.1 Update!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tuqueque, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Today the first snapshot was released for 1.11.1
    IT came with this text and im going to highlight the important parts:

We are happy to introduce the first (and final?) snapshot of Minecraft 1.11.1!!!!11oneone! This patch is mainly focused on fixing more bugs, but also contains a number of minor features just in time for the Holidays. In particular, there is a new use for the fireworks, but remember to be careful when handling explosives.
    There is also a new (potentially controversial) change to the combat mechanics. Without revealing what it is, you will most definitely notice the difference when you try out the snapshot. We anticipate much feedback.
    Continuing on the combat system, there is a new sword enchantment, and Mending is no longer compatible with Infinity on bows.
    And finally, you can now recycle many tools and items in the furnace. The reward is minuscule but considerably better than nothing!

Bugs that got patched:

• [Bug MC-3607] - Some entities, enchanted gear and end portals render white while in fog / red while in lava
    • [Bug MC-7222] - 1-9 keys, hoppers/droppers and shift-clicking ignore stacking restrictions
    • [Bug MC-23039] - Dropped item disappear in Creative
    • [Bug MC-33383] - Lag while taking screenshot with F2
    • [Bug MC-67665] - Mouse click position always lags a few frames behind the crosshair
    • [Bug MC-88484] - Decimal numbers are displayed using the default Locale value
    • [Bug MC-101197] - Cannot use leads on wild ocelots
    • [Bug MC-104724] - Bed God Mode Exploit
    • [Bug MC-104778] - Non-hostile wild wolves and ocelots cannot be put on leashes
    • [Bug MC-105049] - Infinite Durability for Carrot on a stick
    • [Bug MC-106117] - Clouds flicker between different positions when spectating minecart
    • [Bug MC-107638] - Baby Zombie Villager Voice sounds deep as adult version
    • [Bug MC-108319] - XP orbs sound effects mostly play high pitch sounds
    • [Bug MC-108464] - followRange Attribute doesn’t work properly on some mobs
    • [Bug MC-108673] - Fences and cobble walls moved by pistons don’t move entities in the upper part of their collision box
    • [Bug MC-108943] - CustomPotionColor doesn’t change the colors of the AreaOfEffectCloud / TippedArrow
    • [Bug MC-109028] - Picking up a flower from a Flower Pot makes no sound when you already have that flower in your inventory
    • [Bug MC-109038] - Spawner with missing “minecraft:” in entity id (or with not lowercased entity id) spawns this entity until you reload the world
    • [Bug MC-109805] - Farmland can be placed on invalid locations
    • [Bug MC-109831] - Heads in inventory face backwards.
    • [Bug MC-109833] - “commands.title.usage” uses a different syntax
    • [Bug MC-110065] - Shift-Jumping on Magma Block deals damage to the player
    • [Bug MC-110076] - Weighted Pressure Plate name gets truncated when applying enchanted book in anvil
    • [Bug MC-110094] - Entities can fall through moving fences
    • [Bug MC-110234] - Renaming a Wither doesn’t change the boss bar
    • [Bug MC-110244] - Moving blocks use 0,0,0 as surrounding to calculate their bounding box
    • [Bug MC-110247] - Moving blocks can move entities into other moving blocks (also when they move in a different direction)
    • [Bug MC-110333] - Mounted horse disappeared after 1.11 upgrade
    • [Bug MC-110474] - Activator Rail ejects Players (and 2 high Mobs) to the wrong spot inside of 2 high rooms
    • [Bug MC-110598] - Unicode characters which are not converted 1:1 when calling toLowerCase result in wrong formatting
    • [Bug MC-110756] - Llama yellow carpet model error
    • [Bug MC-110783] - Final firework rocket of a stack does not explode
    • [Bug MC-110808] - Eating Pufferfish in a stack of 1 does not give debuffs

While testing for a few minutes i found this:

Share your discoveries!

CURRENT FEATURES:
    • Smelt tools and gear into nuggets of their respective kind
      • New Iron ingot
    • Fireworks that contain a star do damage on explosion
      • New death message
    • Fireworks can be used while holding elytra boosting the player's speed
    • New enchament Sweeping Edge: it increments the damage done to the mobs while using the sweeping attack
    Ch33zus, Kytula, M4ster_M1ner and 8 others like this.
  2. When using a firework while flying on elytra it accelerates(infinit flight) and it lets you have a colored trail behind you!

The new enchantment is Sweeping Edge! with variation from 1 to 3 . I think it lets you sweep in almost every hit
  3. Gold farm owner rejoice! Finally something to do with gold swords.
  4. Well this looks very interesting indeed. I might just have to test some of this stuff myself, too.
  5. I'd love for anything to be used in the furnace. Helps get rid of stuff and for survival purposes.
  6. If it is possible to get gold nuggets / ingots back from gold swords, it would be interesting to see if you can set up a blaze +pigman grinder close to each other to get the gold swords from pigmen and then funnel them into a smelting area that is powered by blaze rods
  7. I read that about the iron Ingots. Maybe they will drop from Golems instead of ingots. Bring the Iron market back to life lol

Totally, just filter out the gold and flesh and rest into the furnace.
  8. Well, those 2 things suck about 1.11.1...
  9. what do you mean by mending and infinite are not compatible ? my friend tested on her alt with different things on it, and it seemed to work just fine ?

she was also able to both get a single item and a stack in creative mode just fine.
    Equinox_Boss, Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  10. this removed my comment... i meant to say that golems still drop ingots from what my friend has seen.
    Equinox_Boss, Tuqueque and ThaKloned like this.
  11. Ugh, I hope they change that.
  12. Leave it up to Mojang to drop a bombshell on us with a release (1.11) which was already noticeably better than the previous ones. Both the vanilla server (during the snapshots) as well as Spigot 1.11 ran very smoothly on my server, even though I always had a little backlash with previous versions.

This is exciting!

As to stacks of items in creative: that's most likely a bug.

Edit: I can still pick up single items in creative, so that seems to be something on your end :)

Shell's first impressions:

Iron nuggets are a thing, but I don't fully enjoy how they're being used. Basically you can smelt dozens of items back into nuggets. Got an iron or golden chestplate? Smelt it down and you get 1 nugget out of it. Sounds a bit off to me considering how many ingots go into one.

I tried the combat system, placed two zombie spawners and then started fighting but... I can't notice any differences. I'll give the new enchantment a try in a moment, but... the snapshot crashed on me just now (it just stalled). So I do hope this isn't a full impression of things to come: I'd hate it if things became a lot less stable again.
  13. have you tested it yourself, krysyy ? my friend lad tried it and things worked just fine for her.
    Equinox_Boss and Tuqueque like this.
  14. Krysyy I just tested that, and you can. if you just regularly left click, it takes one, but if you shift click, you get a stack
  15. So they didn't change anything then...
  16. No dont thinks so, 'bout to test the explosive fireworks
  17. The clicking thingy, was something glitchy about my mouse (donno why/how)

The mending/infinity also seems fine to me. I think is one of those fixes that jeb wrote, but never implemented. It might come in the following snapshots =/
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. It was something with my computer, i checked with other mc versions and also happened, so i just restarted and it work fine sorry for confusion
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. *makes a few dcs of maxed out mending bows* I'm ready.
  20. Iron nuggets are obtained by smelting iron tools/gear

Dont know any use for it thou