Thanksgiving Traditions! Share yours!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CliffCraft, Nov 3, 2019.

1. I wanted to start up this thread because something has been going through my mind today... This is the first thanksgiving that it will just be the 3 of us in my family rather than the 4 of us. In June May dad passed away at a young age of 47. I’m now realizing that holidays are supposed to be with your closest family members. So how do I do that now that my dad is gone.

Well some traditions that I remember are as follows: not fighting over the remote but slightly arguing what to watch while the food is all cooking; the parade or football or the dog show. Somehow we always made it work out so that’s good. Then we’d eat out thanksgiving meal for lunch and just be on food comas the rest of the day. Eating leftovers for dinner and over the next few days.

Thinking of what we’ll do this thanksgiving is kinda weird and not fun to really think about but the 3 of us will make it through together like we have been since June.

In conclusion share your thanksgiving traditions so we can all see how you show thankfulness. And if you don’t celebrate thanksgiving then think of another thing that your family does together that shows your thankfulness towards each other
  2. Hm, show thankfulness... I don't think we have anything that does that!
    Well, birthdays I suppose, and Mother's Day. But both my mother's birthday and Mother's Day are usually (at least partly) a disappointment. I suppose we aren't too good at showing our thankfulness 'on demand', so to speak.
    Also, you're posing yourself quite vulnerable in your post. Here's a heart for that. <3
    CliffCraft likes this.
  3. Well.. in canada we celebrated in October. Turkey and stuffing traditionally of course.. but also candied carrots.. yum!
    CliffCraft likes this.
  4. CliffCraft likes this.
  5. Eating and eating and stuffing and eating turkey.
    CliffCraft likes this.
  6. I feel like in my family Thanksgiving has been more about the food than the "thanks" part. Can anyone else relate to that, or is that just us?
    607 and CliffCraft like this.
  7. Oh Cliff, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. You are right you know, it is about tradition. It's all about whatever makes you feel good about celebrating. You have a special memory to nurture, and it's gonna be tough but you can do it. You'll see. Make sure you enjoy every minute you can tho, it makes for great memories. Much love!
    <3
    V
    607, MoreMoople and CliffCraft like this.