Tattoo thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Phelps4, Nov 6, 2016.

?

Do you have or want a tattoo?

Yes 12 vote(s) 34.3%
No 15 vote(s) 42.9%
I haven't thought about it much 8 vote(s) 22.9%
  1. I have two tattoos (i'm still under 20 years old) and I am planning on getting another tomorrow if all goes well. I have a big piece on my forearm and and small piece on the side of my forearm. :)

I personally like your tattoo and the choice of colors a lot.

How long did it take? Are you "addicted" and want more tats now? :p
  2. I have my son's name on my wrist and my sister and I each got two hearts above the inside of our elbows.
    Phelps4 likes this.
  3. Not sure if I want to get a tattoo in the near future, but if I do get one, I'd get a picture of Simba. I'd choose Simba since he lost somebody but he got stronger. I guess it'd be to represent strength
    Phelps4 likes this.
  4. I plan to get a x on my right inner wrist in dedication to my favorite music artist. Something like this -
    I also plan to get some to tribute to my mother since she passed away of a heart attack 6 years back. Don't know what i want for it exactly.
    Phelps4 likes this.
  5. Excision?
  6. Phelps4 likes this.
  7. 2 Leprechauns - 1 Clurichaun - 1 Puca - 4 Dogs from the Book of Kells, 3 Shamrocks . 1 Band from the Book of Kells, 1 Celtic Cross, 1 Square Knot, and the toad from my avatar from my time in the military.

Everything is positioned in a way that I can dress down in short sleeves and pants, and not have a single line of ink display in the open. So not to interfere with any job I am involved in.
    Phelps4, 607 and AnonReturns like this.
  8. Awesome ink Phelpsy! Have you decided to get the ship/clockface yet? :3

I personally have no ink yet, may get tattoos one day but I want to make sure that I know what I want done first, I can be quite indecisive! I do occasionally play around with Henna and draw my ideas/designs though ^_^
    Phelps4 likes this.
  9. Now, if I may express my opinion:

To me, tattoo looks kinda cool. Although, in my country, many people would think that you're a convict or a other "bad" people. It's a belief here that those kind of people get tattoos.

Now, to be fair, I don't believe that images on your skin dictates who you are. Although, I wouldn't get a tattoo. It just ruins one's first impression in my country. I'm not sure if such belief applies elsewhere, however. But I love the paradise in a bottle. XD
    Phelps4 likes this.
  10. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_sunlight_exposure
    There is an adverse affect to almost anything you do. Wiki pages go on and on about he negative affects of anything. I agree with what you mean, I understand there is a risk when you get a tattoo, but if you go to a reputable and clean shop, you rarely have any adverse health affects. Also, I do not mind when people talk about not wanting a tattoo, I like to see the other side of the story.
    ZombieSlayer010 and 607 like this.
  11. My tattoo only took about an hour. Yes, I very much want more tattoo's now.
  12. I have no tattoos myself. I'm not opposed to them, just haven't decided what I'd brand myself for life with. Well, until recently. I want to put my kids names on my back, one on each shoulder. Because no matter where I go, what I do, I will ALWAYS bear them on my shoulders. That is what I signed up for in deciding to be a parent. But for now, can't justify the extra expense.
    Phelps4 likes this.
  13. I didn't post here yet? Disappointing.

When I turn 18 in May 2018 (so a while away lol), I'm getting my dog's paw tattooed on the space between my wrist and my thumb on my right hand. I want a skull smoking a pipe with a top hat on my left shoulder.

Next one I'll go into more detail on: my parents both have a tattoo they got together on their left wrist. My dad has a dragon, my mum has a Celtic shield (a kind of traditional symbol of her parent's countries) - I thought 'why not combine the two but add my own flair to it?'. I want a dragon whose tail begins at my wrist, wraps up my forearm and ends with its head at the 'front' of my forearm at the elbow (where your arm bends lol).

Look of the dragon I'm kind of going for (only on my left arm though):

Pattern:

Or I could just go with something like this:

Oh, and when I'm older, I want my family's names tattooed on my shoulder. Would maybe want a design of the woman I marry on my right arm if she agreed - but I don't know how fickle my relationship would be. I doubt I'd ever divorce, but...
    607, AnonReturns and Phelps4 like this.