Taste of Freedom Steaks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SkareCboi, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Happy 4th of July.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  2. So just a fire aspect sword is required?
  3. OK its been long enough ill let you know everything I know.

1. The Special Steaks will drop on any difficulty. (I was on Player Setting level 1)
    2. The Special Steaks will only drop from naturally spawned cows (cow eggs will not work from my experience)
    3. The Special Steaks will drop whether you are using none fire aspect sword or fire aspect swords ( I used non fire aspect )
    4. The Special Steaks might drop more often if using looting swords I'm not sure about this since all my swords are Looting 3
    5. Best way to find natural cows is go in waste or wild to unloaded chunks (Plains will have loads in packs of 4)
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  4. I actually just got a stack of cow eggs, got 5 steaks, worked fine :)
    SkareCboi likes this.
  5. Did you do this in town, because from all my friends experience it wasn't possible to get them in town
  6. What if you spawned em in town and BREEDED them, wouldn't that be the same thing
  7. No it must be in the wild
  8. Hm, 100 likes? That's more than Kephras got on that one post, so yeah, most likely won't happen :p
    But anyway, thank you for telling it now :)
  9. My posts are a "likes-received" benchmark now? :confused: Well that's new.
    Good info SkareCBoi, thank you for helping clear some of the mystery behind the steak. Now to break out the A1!
    tedrocker and boozle628 like this.
  10. Uuh

You can get them from baby cows.
    I tested it 2 hours ago.
  11. You can but, i do not recommend it since you forfeit the leather and raw meat drops by doing that, unless you are ok with loosing valuable drops such as leather.
    I did get some from 1 baby indeed (accidental kill).
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  12. heh accidental
    607 and Amazin_Swordfish like this.
  13. They may not drop from cows spawned from eggs but if you breed new cows from the cows you spawn from eggs they WILL drop, that much I can guarantee because I started up a cow farm out in the wild from eggs and I definitely got the freedom steaks.
    SkareCboi likes this.
  14. steaks go fall from adult cows that were eggs. I know i got close to 15 stacks in the last 2 days and i used close to 1.5DCs f cow eggs. Will probably get more as i get more eggs from my cow farm in town.
    Good luck everyone. I predict a fall in the value of leather and any beef items.
    PS: dont try to sell leather to 2000. I already filled up his chest :p
  15. Its Cowicide! Better keep Moooving and killing!
    I have sliced and diced loads of cows, and gotten some of this delicious steak!
    Accidentally ate 4 of them in a row too!

The player setting seems to have no effect on the steak drops (I tried it on 5 and 10)
    Looting does seem to have an effect on the number of steaks dropped when you get the drop (similar to fragments)
    I have collected mine running about in the wastelands!

Hope this helps!