[Suggestion] Welcome Committee

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by fighter_Ethan, Jul 23, 2020.

1. So I have noticed that even after the tutorial, there are many players who do not understand EMC. It's "Play Your Way"- a concept that most Empire players understand by force of habit, per se- but not everyone understands that. I believe that there should be some kind of "Welcome Committee" to help them understand further as they start out on the server, perhaps similar to the Contribution Team or the Build Team, but they would focus on helping and welcoming new players. Let me know your feedback!
  2. -1

I can't see anything stopping anyone from doing this already?
  3. Yeah, I see that, BUT... it would make greeting/integration more organized. I dunno, just a thought I had. Thanks for the feedback, jewel :)
  4. The entirety of EMC is the welcoming committee. There's no need for it to be organized and anyone can help out.
  5. This was the Action Packs goal when it was started. We had an HQ to discuss creating additional started kits for newer players but EMC does cover this a lot. We wanted to encourage people to play on EMC longer and become an integral part of the community. But, as Krysyy does say, everyone has already been doing this and the community on EMC is super caring and helpful.
    fighter_Ethan and 607 like this.
  6. Fair. My daily bad idea :p
    607 likes this.
  7. Thanks for sharing it, it might inspire people to be more welcoming themselves again. :)
    I feel like it is easy to get burnt out by many players leaving anyway, despite a warm welcome (hopefully just because EMC doesn't fit their playstyle or skills).
    fighter_Ethan likes this.
  8. I really like your idea ethan, but I have to agree with the posts above.

Not only that, but I've interacted with a few new players, and not all of them like getting "Welcome to EMC" spammed on their screen in the chat all at once. - It can be considered to be annoying to them. (Which I can totally understand.)

I love the idea of raising awareness of EMC's ins and outs, that is something every player should strive to do when someone needs help! :D
    fighter_Ethan and 607 like this.