[Suggestion] Turn off Fishing Rod Damage in PvP

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PenguinDJ, Aug 4, 2015.

?

Stop Fishing Rod Damage in PvP?

+1 9 vote(s) 60.0%
+0 3 vote(s) 20.0%
-1 3 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. I didn't trash your idea. Try reading someday. I said that pvp is a joke. As for buff they come from the reduction of the time a god apple or flesh lasts for, same was applied for some potions.
    southpark347 likes this.
  2. "to trash the target of the suggestion"

Target of the suggestion = PvP. I never said you trashed my idea.
    No need to be rude here.
    Potions nor gapples were nerfed and will never be as they're vanilla items. Flesh, due to its high availability and low value, was nerfed (it is a custom item).
  3. To be honest, you're asking that we make the Voter's Rod obsolete. Heres why: More people will skip voting to 375 and instead just take their rods to the PVP arena for the same effect. Plus the PVP arena isn't your fishing pond. Sucks to be you if you have no other place to fish, get 2 bucket of water, dig a hole on your res or in the wild, and get fish that way. We shouldn't call it the PVP arena if everyone is so damn stuck on the fishing idea of it. Hey how about this..... /park.... Enough said with that.
    SkareCboi likes this.
  4. This suggestion doesn't target fishing in the arenas. If I had it my way fishing wouldn't be allowed. This is about using fishing rods as a viable weapon in PvP. I think you missed a key sentence: "perhaps make it so rods are only damaged while fishing - not while hitting players." In no way I want to make the voters rod obsolete, and besides, even if rods took no durability damage in PvP, it wouldn't be used for fishing any more than it it now.
    Gawadrolt and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. DOH!!!!!!! I did not see that part.. Well, then you do have a valid point here. Though I am still against those who complain about dying while fishing. I'm sure it is possible to create a 'thing' that can tell the different between a fish being caught and an entity being hit to cause durability to one but not the other. Pass this to Chickeneer. He has spare time.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. You started being rude to me I returned the favor.
    Flesh and zombie virus should have never been nerfed in the first place. If they are easily available then whats stopping everyone from using it. Again the complaint of a few players brought this upon all the players.

This will be my last post on this thread as it is becoming off topic
  7. I realize that part was stuck at the bottom of the post and was overlooked by at least you and chicken. I made it a bit more obvious. :p

The very obvious do-not-complain-if-you're-killed-while-fishing hologram was removed. I thought I'd throw that out there, in case a senior staff is reading this and wants to replace it. ;)
  8. I'm sorry if my post came off rude; that was not my intention.
  9. Not sure where you got this idea... I actually have very little time in my opinion.

In general though. The only possible changes I foresee are one of the following. Block fishing rods from pvp altogether, remove fishing from Minecraft, give item damage back to everything used in pvp, disable all forms of pvp on EMC, fishing rods take quadruple damage in pvp arenas, leave it as is, or just block the ability to catch fish in itemdamage false residences.
    I prefer the last of those options. But extreme measures may need taken for such an over reaction to something as trivial as fishing rods in pvp. Anyone ever heard the phrase, don't make a mountain out of a molehill?
    In conclusion... I don't even like pvp, lol. But this isn't about me.
    Phelps4 likes this.
  10. Yeah, that one. Why would people be fishing in PVP anyway? Water is not hard to find. Maybe add a fishing pond to the lobby. :p
  11. Penguin's Mini-Guide: How to Fish like a Nub
    There are several obvious benefits of fishing in the PvP arenas to any novice fisherman. I have learned these tips from countless in-depth studies of novice fishermen though my extensive time in PvP.

1. Make it obvious that you are fishing. Stupidly obvious. Holding a fishing rod and physically fishing is not enough to let people know that you are fishing. Every 15 seconds, let people know that you are fishing and that you don't want to be killed. For extra nub points, do it in town chat. If players attack you, simply repeat the message. If they do not respond, private message that player and repeat the same message.

2. Passing yourself off as a fisherman is a great way to assassinate people. Nobody suspects a fisherman. That means you can easily kill someone without consequence. If you get attacked for killing someone, simply /pvp to safety just to annoy other players. Oh, and be sure to prey on the players with terrible armor, because you will feel some sort of self-pride while doing so.

3. Fishermen don't get targeted. Sometimes. This ties into the last one a bit. Even though you're in the PvP arenas, where the whole goal is to kill people, feel free to still believe that the other players in the arena are jerks for killing you. Send them hateful messages after they kill you, too. Remember, just because you're fishing and killing weaker players, you have no right to be killed.

4. You have an excuse for sucking at PvP. "I was fishing but you killed me so I win and you're a noob and you're mean for killing me while I was in PvP! How dare you! Go die!" That cover-up works every time.

I hope you found this mini-guide helpful. Following these few simple steps will help you rule the PvP arenas with fish-tastic success in no time!

/sarcasm