[Suggestion] teleport sign command for graveyard

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MiphaOfTheZora, Oct 21, 2016.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2016.
+1 4 vote(s) 66.7%
-1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Doesn't matter 2 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. I'm in the process of updating smp1s teleport directory. I wanted to include some of the official Emc locations such as the graveyard and flag shop. Now I looked on the wiki and there's commands you can type to go to both. But there are no teleport sign commands available that I can see.

I have been able to make tp signs for netherspleef, icctribute, jgtribute, the 2 chisel me this lots on smp1 and such.. And would really appreciate having the ability to add all of smp1s points of interest to the Directory. I think alot of players would have fun being able to send themselves or perhaps send a player running a maze to the graveyard also :p
    607 likes this.
  2. Wait, you can still access these? :confused:
    Kytula likes this.
  3. With teleport most will have an official res name under residence in /res info

Graveyard has /graveyard and also /v Empire_graveyard.
    On your tp sign put on the first line "teleport" and on the second line the "/v Empire_graveyard"
    Kytula likes this.
  4. I have tried many combinations to try to make it work. I appreciate the suggestion though. But, 1) you can't have /v on a tp sign, it says "could not find Residence at /v." 2) Empire_graveyard doesn't fit on 1 line. So I've tried breaking it up several different ways. Same goes for the flag shop. But again thanks for the suggestion ^_^
    607 likes this.
  5. The flag shop should be doable to set up using a teleport sign which has "town_spawn@flags" as the second line, but I get a hunch that this probably won't fit. The graveyard should be doable in the same way: "empire_graveyard" on the second line, yet that has the same problem.

Rule of thumb with these things: if using /v <name> works then <name> is all you need on the 2nd line of the teleport sign.

Having that out of the way:

+1

We already have signs to help you teleport to the waste, the frontier, and even your home and other servers. So this sounds like a really fitting idea to me. I could imagine "grave", "pvp", "firefloor" (does that fit?) and "mobarena" to become available as official teleport / feature signs.
    607 and Kytula like this.
  6. Those run off a different system than normal tp signs and can't really work in tangent.
    willies952002 and ShelLuser like this.
  7. I can try to change the res name of Empire_Graveyard to EMC_ graveyard, but it might break the other tp for just a bit. I'll poke Aikar to see if he can update it before I go breaking things. I think Empire_ is used in code to denote something special.
    willies952002, Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Awesome! that sounds good to me :D thanks Krysyy <3
  9. I've added aliases in the code for the next update so "Shop" "Spawn" and "Graveyard" are aliases to the long names

so /v graveyard will work and on signs.

(And i've reserved the name so people can't use them on EMC :p)
    607, Kytula and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Much thanks fearless leader! :D I'm looking forward to the next update even more ^_^v
  11. Glad you didn't reserve the residence numbers... :rolleyes:
    Dufne likes this.