[SUGGESTION] SYSTEM Banks {read first}

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BrickStrike, Sep 1, 2013.

?

Should this version be implemented?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2013.
Yes. 24 vote(s) 66.7%
No. 12 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Just thought I'd mention that the wiki(and moderators) consider both Damn and Crap to be curses, and it states that moderators may take action for the use of those words, at their discretion.

Brick, this is an awesome idea! Even though people are bringing up some good points to do with, they may just take money out of their bank, and they should learn some self restraint or whatever. They are good points, but a bank like this could be used for much more than just saving up for a project, it could be used for accounting, figuring out the money you have earnt in your shop, or something like that.

I will support this idea, as much as I can, becuase it deserves to be done.
    brickstrike and wisepsn like this.
  2. Could we get this thread cleaned up please? There seems to be a ridiculous amount of arguing and name calling. Anyway, I actually like the idea of this system, A fair few times ive needed to separate funds for various jobs im doing and it might help a lot with money management. As some have said, it just requires a bit of self control, which might be the case if your just trying to save for something but this would really help to separate funds and keep track of certain budgets. I myself am using 2 different accounts right now to control and keep track of how much money im spending for a build since I have a maximum of 100k to spend, I would hate to have to count every rupee transaction to make sure that I stay in budget, a bank would make things a fair bit easier
    brickstrike, wisepsn and mba2012 like this.
  3. This is pointless without interest on money.
  4. I can see more of a purpose for some way to push funds away from shops like apamment said earlier. However, the idea altogether as a 'bank just for saving', I dont agree with. We have talked about this as staff MANY times and really, there is not reason to add a bank feature at this time, nor any additions we plan on adding in the forseeable future that would add a reason. A separate account that maybe can not be accessed by shop transactions though, thats a more interesting idea. Like maybe have a shop account that you supply funds to. This would do more than saving. This prevents players from being scammed and such at a different level. Like worrying about their funds being depleted without the hassle of filling shops with dirt to prevent over selling.

On another note...

Your attitude in this thread has been quite sour. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sharing your opinion does not mean insulting others' opinions. That is something that will not be tolerated. And you continued your aggressive behavior throughout the thread even after a staff member warned twice that the aggression needed to stop. Enjoy your 2 day break, I hope you can learn how to better express your opinions more politely over that time period.
    Olaf_C, kevdudeman, Pab10S and 11 others like this.
  5. hm... so, you could use /r pay commands, but not player shops...? That actually sounds pretty cool :)
    :p Well, if you and apamment approve, I would like to add that into the first post (I always give credit to the people who suggested this ;))
    melk73 likes this.
  6. I was thinking more along the lines of just unable to sell from player shops, and just having a set minimum, so you could say, set it at 50k and then it would only ever buy things with rupees over that 50k. iSmooch's idea would work too.

you can put it in your first post if you want, i don't mind.
  7. DO IT!:) it good idea
  8. This does seem to throw back to my previous post, suggesting that in the end, it all comes back down to one thing; player determination. No matter how many features EMC may add, if your are determined, you will save money, if you are not, you will lose rupees.
    And not much can change that I don't think.
    AnonymousEntity likes this.

9. This was posted by jacob5089.
    I am at arks house and thought this seemed appropriate.
    Jacob and ark fully support this idea.
    (Brickstrike's that is. We already made our view on the other one clear ;) )
  10. +number one this is A VIDEO GAME. not the game of life . for the I need a diamond for this project or should I get a beacon thingy be smart putting the money in a different account wouldn't make more money so you can by more stuff.
    there is stuff you can do to choose what you should get. option A save up your money to buy both B choose the most useful one and don't tell me having a second account will help you choose what you should get. now be smart if your 13 or older I think you can use notepad and use math to add up how much a group of items cost. it doesn't take forever to use addition.
  11. Empire minecraft is based on real life.. We have real life people playing minecraft, we have shops that are based of real shops in real life, and this is a economy server. Yeah, hehe.
  12. Please add this! I have been waiting!
    brickstrike, wisepsn and Ark_Warrior1 like this.
  13. well dont play emc to paly bankcraft I play it to talk to friends and play minecraft this extra system wont work out its just having 2 accounts were you can be smart and use one and do math. and not waste money its not that hard to waste ruppes. irl some people have money spending problems. if emc is based off of real life we should go ahead and add debit cards toys r us places and walmart and lets add a government were we can elect somebody to own the server every year. wait one sec that would not work out to much.
  14. great idea i NEED this
    brickstrike likes this.
  15. Staff: Government.
    Icecreamcow, Presideent.

Walmart: 413.
    Real life dollars: rupees currency.
    Rupees can be used with vault, etc, and a BANK.
    Real Life: We are real humans playing real life.

What I have to say next is, it is not that serious, lol. I believe it might work. Just because we are in a video game doesn't mean we have to not make any sense. What next, EMC adds wierd aliens that destroy residences or something?(don't give aikar any ideas.) It might be able to work.
  16. Bump. I will update OP tomorrow, have not had a chance to get on a PC yet.
  17. what about some system of this so that you can make some specific deposits unable to be withdrawn for a certain amount of time?
  18. I think you just gave Aikar an idea.
  19. Okay, I've finally decided to type up a reply to this thread, since it seems that so many people are in favor of it. The reason that I don't necessarily think this should be added is because of this. I'm sure adding banks would take a good deal of effort to code up and develop, and I would much rather prefer that time to be spent on Dragon Tombs or the Tutorial update instead. With a little self-control, and maybe a calculator, it is very, very easy to save enough rupees. The purpose of a bank in real life is not to help you keep from spending your money, in fact with a checking account it makes it far easier to spend money. Seeing how as far as I can tell the only purpose of this would be that when you find something you want to buy, you have to second guess whether you want it or not as you're entering the command to take rupees out of your bank to buy it anyways. With some basic self-control, there is not really too much value in this, especially considering what we'd be taking effort away from to develop it.
    mba2012 and apamment like this.